Shipping charges

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
patriotwsr
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Shipping charges

Post by patriotwsr »

I just received a shipping quote from Dvelup to ship 4 packages of 3.5 inch wool pads (8 pads total) and 2 interface pads (3.5 inch). The quote was for shipping 19 pounds of product and was for $13.50. Can anyone tell me another vendor that has the same pads? I understand handling charges make a shipping quote more. I don't understand how a box or envelope with these items weighs 18 pounds. Yes I contacted them and received an email that states the same quote. Maybe I'm being a bit picky today, but I need to watch my money. The shipping was more than 50% of my order. My drill doesn't weigh 18 lbs., let alone the wool pads.
MJDShield

Re: Shipping charges

Post by MJDShield »

I use "online industrial supply corporation". They are cheaper too.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

I do not know all the specifics behind your order, but the freight charges could be high because of the dimensional weight. Dimensional weight considers density, which is the amount of space a package occupies in relation to its actual weight, to determine billable weight. This might have happened in your case.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
patriotwsr

Post by patriotwsr »

Sorry for the vulgarity. I apoligize, I did not intend to break the rules. I understand billable weight and such. Eight 3.5 inch wool pads with hook & loop backing and two 3.5 inch interface pads. That's it, it showed 18 pounds and a billable weight of 19.1 pounds. It just seems heavy to me. I'm not trying to put any company down or talk bad about them. I use Dvelup's system and it works great.
patriotwsr

Post by patriotwsr »

Ok here's the update. Sales at Dvelup emailed and stated they were off by 15 pounds. The shipping amount wasn't the issue, just the excessive weight. They ship fast and package well. That's all I was inquiring about. Thanks to all at Dvelup and all who have contacted me. Check your shipping fees people, unless you have tons of extra money.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I'm glad you worked it out with them. I didn't think they would purposely overcharge you.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.