Referral Site

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)

Re: Free Business Letter Templates

Post by Guest »

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that I am starting a windshield repair & replacement referral site at www.windshieldreferral.com that is separate from Delta Kits. This site will be very comprehensive, will be on the front page of virtually all search engines for the top 200 or so cities in the United States. In addition to that, when people sign up from other cities, those will be there as well. Also, we will allow three sign ups per city. After researching this, we have found that people want to go to one site, but be able to shop around from there.

While we will be charging for listing businesses on this site, right now I am looking for 10 volunteers to sign up for free for 6 months. There will be absolutely no commitment on your part. It is simply to work out the kinks and get feedback from customers while providing 10 companies with free referrals for six months. After the six months, you simply will choose to continue or not.

Delta Kits gets substantial requests on a daily basis for referrals to all areas of the country, and we will now route those requests through www.windshieldreferral.com

If anyone has any questions, or would like to sign up, you can do so at [email]"sales@windshieldreferral.com"[/email][/email]

Thank you!

Edited by: deltakits Image at: 11/24/02 2:33:49 pm

Referral Site

Post by Guest »

Just wanted to let everyone know, we had a tremendous response, and all 10 spaces are taken. Anyone who has already emailed me but has not received a response is still in, I just haven't had time to put up all the ads yet.

If someone wants to join, but didn't get in in time, email me at [email]"sales@windshieldreferral.com"[/email][/email] and we can work out a substantial discount for them.

Thanks again, and for those ten, I should have your ads up by late today.

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
jhiggins@deltakits.com
http://www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Re: Referral Site

Post by Anonymous »

How in the heck did you get your website "windshieldreferral.com" on the search engines in such a short amount of time?

thanks, Norm

search engines

Post by Guest »

Same way you do excellent repairs...experience!

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
jhiggins@deltakits.com

Re: search engines

Post by Guest »

Actually, we are nowhere near where we will be in a couple of months. The first couple of months are going to be slow, compared to what will happen when i've got the site exactly how I want it.

It will all come in time, one thing is for sure with search engines, nothing ever happens as fast as you would like it to!

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
jhiggins@deltakits.com
Anonymous

Norm

Post by Anonymous »

I had a referral off of windshieldreferrals.com this last week. it was for a replaceemnt but the lady didn't have insurance. The cash price on that windshield was $700.
Needless to day she didn't schedule the job.

Saturn windshields are very pricey. So If you see a rock chip on a saturn tell them what it costs to replace it and they would be absolutly nuts not to get a free repair done.
Anonymous

referrals

Post by Anonymous »

I havent received any calls as yet, but I feel confident that it is just a matter of time. I typed in 'windshield repair albquerque new mexico' in a number of search engines, and windshieldreferral.com appeared in the top 10 nearly every time; in fact, in some it was even closer to the top. With more and more people turning to internet for goods and services, I think being listed this way may help level the playing field for the independent shops. Thanks Jeff! Grace.

re:referrals

Post by Guest »

Grace & Cracker,

Thank you for the kind words! I appreciate it very much!

I do feel bad that you two have not had a referral go through to getting the job yet, but I keep telling myself that I did not even expect us to be *listed* on the search engines until late December, early January, so I guess whatever we get now is better than nothing.

I appreciate your support and your continued feedback!

Also, I have decided to reward customers who help spread the word about windshieldreferral.com.

When someone refers a customer to [url="http://"]windshieldreferral.com[/url], and that person signs up for a year long ad at retail price, the referrer will receive a check as soon as the ad has been paid for!

Just make sure you contact me and let me know that you have sent someone, and also have the prospective customer let me know that he was referred by you.

We will post a page about it on the website soon, but for now if you would like more information about it, contact me at [email]"sales@windshieldreferral.com"[/email][/email]!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Edited by: deltakits Image at: 12/9/02 10:55:41 am
Anonymous

NEW REFERRAL PLAN!

Post by Anonymous »

Hello all WSR'S,

I just wanted to post my first experience with this referral service...

It was within the first week of my listing, I received an e-mail for a repair. I thought to myself...Damn that was fast. It did not turn out to be repair job but rather a replacement was needed. What it did do for me was allow me to educate someone on WSR and get my name out there. I have a good feeling i will hear from this individual in the future or maybe a referral from him. Either way, i created a win-win situation. He was educated and i got company exposure.

What i do think is that people associate repair and replacement as the same thing and technically they are correct. Replacement is a repair for a scenario where a rock chip repair is not the safest option. So when someone looks at your listing, whether it is for replacement or rock chip repair make sure you differentiate. But then again any and all exposure you can get is good.

PS: thanks Jeff

Brian

Safe Glass Technologies
Anonymous

refferal

Post by Anonymous »

It will happen, and I am ready when it does. LOL. It is encouraging to know that we have these forums to share information and help one another. Thanks Jeff.