At least 1 year in Business?? Insurance

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
classglassrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

NWRA

Post by classglassrepair »

I was excited about billing insurance and then became discouraged when I found out what all was needed to do it. I know Ill need at least $500,000 coverage on my business, at least one year in business ( Ive only been in it for 2 months now) . Can anyone give me any ideas around not being in business long enough. Also I would like to hear some good Free Advertising Ideas. I live in a town of about 120,000
and there is an older gentleman that has been doing all the dealerships in town for about 10 years. I hope he will retire soon!
Thanx
Class Glass Repair
classglassrepair

i found some answers through previous posts on RLI sounds good
still need help with getting my Name out there!
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

classglass, I think you may find that the 'one year in business' applies to replacement shops, but for if you are repair-only, there is not a waiting period.
Coitster

one year in business

Post by Coitster »

Hey Classglass,
You are right to get in with lynx and safelite you need 1 year in business. Heres the secret, you can put down however many years you would like. Just because you havn't done insurance means you have to of billed them for 1 year. Just tell them you have been doing fleet work for a year. Thats it, no, its not very honest, but I personaly don't belive its any of their business to know. Just my opinion.
David
Coitster
Glass
classglassrepair

Thanx.
I did find that I do not have to be in business for a year. That is for repair and replacement guys. Im mobile repair only. I found that State Farm however requires me to have General Liability Insurance on my biz.
Oh well Im sure it will be worh it.