Lynx services

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
bullseyeben

Lynx services

Post by bullseyeben »

Ok, I got all my info with the Lynx services and Metrix site. My applications have been submitted for all three (State farm, Allstate, the rest). that was done Friday. How long does it take them to approve or deny?

I will be mailing in my Safelite app soon, I have to wait for my door signs to be done so I can send a picture of my vehicle.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Lynx services

Post by Kgobin »

It took us about a week and a half to get approval
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Just an update.
I got the approval from the State Farm O & A today. Now waiting on the other 2 Lynx services applications to be approved.
JWG

Post by JWG »

I thought you had to be in business for a year to get on the networks, am I wrong?
ChampionCHIP,wsr
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

i believe thats wrong. i started 31/2 years ago and started getting calls almost imediatly.
first about 20-30 a month now up to 60-80 per month. can't explain way it's gone up but it has.
good timing being that dealers are not moving many cars these days, see same cars week in week out.
paul
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

I got approved by the other two lynx contracts today, so now I am on all three.
I also got my car magnets today, so I can send in my application for SGC.

Hopefully this will help. I only have 1 repair this week and have called about 800 homes by phone, been to about 200 home door to door, visited 20 business and put cards and flyers on 44 cars with chips at Walmart this week. I am the only guy doing repairs within 25 miles right now (15,000-25,000) residents depending on whose numbers you go by.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

bullseyeben wrote:I got approved by the other two lynx contracts today, so now I am on all three.
I also got my car magnets today, so I can send in my application for SGC.

Hopefully this will help. I only have 1 repair this week and have called about 800 homes by phone, been to about 200 home door to door, visited 20 business and put cards and flyers on 44 cars with chips at Walmart this week. I am the only guy doing repairs within 25 miles right now (15,000-25,000) residents depending on whose numbers you go by.
Be careful with flyers at Wal-marts. Our local Wal-mart will fine you for putting flyers on car's windshields because people throw on the ground and it creates litter which clogs streams and lakes. Check with your store.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

I have been considering putting a pop up out somewhere and seeing if I can get customers that way too. I just have to find a place to do it that does not cost too much to let you sit there. The cheapest place I have found is $100/day.

The local car washes is $150/day up front plus 20% of your gross sales paid in cash at the end of the day.
JWG

Post by JWG »

Wow, $150 a day that is crazy. Hopefully have access to 2500 cars or better.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

I bet they dont get 20 cars in that car wash per day. It doubles as a 4 booth flea market on Saturdays. It is on a highway in a small town but supposedly get 5 million cars a year in tourists going to the national parks here.