Lynx services

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Lynx services

Post by Clarity Glass »

good to hear the paper work is going smoothly. Keep poundin' on the doors, try to sell to car owners face to face--flyers usually don't work, and try to get some publicity in the small town newspaper. Also see about the local Chamber of Commerce and small biz networking groups. How bout small fleets etc. Keep your head up and keep pursuing the biz, it is great. Forget the car wash-- way more than I pay at the local mall in my town.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Ok, so I have been approved by Lynx. And hopefully soon for Safelite SGC.
Where can I find the phone numbers that the customer needs to call to report their claims. It is one thing to be in the network, but look foolish if I cannot conference call a customer into the network or at least tell them where to call. I found the State Farm Lynx number but not Allstate, or the many other companies that use Lynx services. Is it listed on their website and I am not looking in the right place.
Same thing for AAA (safelite) and Farmers Ins. Where can i find the claim reporting numbers etc.
JWG

Post by JWG »

You can always call the customers agent, if they have one, or call the number on the back of the card for claims. Ask for the number direct, and when you finally get connected record the number for future reference. They usually transfer me a few times before I find the right person. I believe you can call the Lynx main number and get transferred.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Just an update. I am in the Lynx network, but have not had a customer as of yet to bill through Lynx.

I did have a customer last week that has an insurance company that billed through Allied, and they gave him no hard time at all about using an out of network company. I got their pricing and faxed them the invoice last Tuesday, so now I guess I just wait.

Today I got my denial letter from SGC, so just have to do it out of network. Oh well!
JWG

Post by JWG »

Why did you get denied by SGC? They did give you a reason didn't they? Any way you can correct whatever they had issue with and re-apply? Just curious because I plan on applying to SGC next week when I get insurance, and I dont want any hangups. Thanks
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

It was only because I have not been in business for at least a year. That appears to be one of their rules. but they did take all my info and add it to their system and gave me a store number. I had two customers last week that were billed through safelite and when the customers called in, there was no problems and no steering. So it has all worked out so far, just no referrals, and from what I understand they generally send out few referrals anyway.
Jbrodie

Post by Jbrodie »

I had luck with putting an add on craigs list and on my web site I have a ten dollar off coupon that I actualy direct the future customer too and I get work from those two ways. Also sign up on harmon glass solutions they give out windshield repair work. try also autoglass search it cost ten dolars per call you make it clear all you do is windshield repair work anhopefully it will keep replacement calls down. Used car dealer lots are sometimes good options just keep your price steady i charge 40 per car just to get work from them.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Wow, $40 per car? I have to go $19.95 just to compete here. I am finding that a few places do it for $14.95 and most are $19.95. I have still yet to get an insurance referral. I have proactively gotten some customers who have been insurance jobs. So far those are taking 4 weeks to get paid.