analyzing star breaks and combinations

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
desertstars

heat or no heat

Post by desertstars »

If your kit doesn't include a small magnifying glass, by all means get one.

You'll be amazed at how much time you will save analyzing how to approach a starbreak, combination or finding the feathered end of a crack when viewing the damage through the help of Sherlock Holmes' favorite crime-fighting tool.

(You don't need to wear a hat like his unless you intend to bird-watch at the end of the day.)

Too many of us set up and then try to effect a nice repair and THEN wonder why this or that is or is not happening.

A bit of flex here and there can tell you AHEAD of time whether or not you need to pop a bullseye and just precisely where you need to drill the end of a crack.

We all wanted to be detectives when we were kids. Now's our chance.
Repair1

Re: Long Wave/Short Wave

Post by Repair1 »

What a great idea :idea: I never thought of that, now that I'm over 40 my eyes need that little extra help anyway. Going to go get some tomorrow

Thanks
Brian
ThePANEintheGLASS

Post by ThePANEintheGLASS »

I use a magnifying glass that has a little built in light...helps tobring out any legs that might be SO slight as to make nearly invisible.
sunshine wr

Warming

Post by sunshine wr »

I use the reading glasses you get OTC in diffrent streghts. Work great for me!