new business

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
scott19750

new business

Post by scott19750 »

I currently work for a windscreen repair company in the UK.

I want to start a company of my own but not sure where to start. I have a website, and limited company ownership, etc

Was just wondering if anyone knows how you go about getting approval from the UK insurance companies to do repairs through there vehicles insurance as most UK insurers would rather pay for a repair rather than a replacement.

Any help/advice would be great

Thanks
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: new business

Post by Frank EU »

Hi, where are you located at, and what is that company you are currently working for?
I know many details about your market and how to approach the insurance companies etc. and I am willing to help you.
However, considering the distance (I am in Holland) I suggest you seek contact with Screenman, his details are here on the board, search the member profile page for more information.
scott19750

Post by scott19750 »

I currently work for glasweld but feel the 50/50 divide is a very high ratio return so am considering starting a company myself but am after some help. I have a website under construction but dont want to open it until i know the business can go forwards. I have generated alot of contacts/businesses and know for a fact you can do £1000 in a few days but see paying glasweld 50% of all work i have done is very excessive!!!

Any help or advice would be great though.

thanks
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

You're so lucky, you only pay 50%, some others pay approx 60%. But then (again)......you agreed to their terms some time ago right? You've signed their agreement, received the training and were positive minded. You were not the first and won't be the last, this I can tell. Where are you located at?