Pump in VAC

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ChipdOut
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Pump in VAC

Post by ChipdOut »

Does pumping in vac help? I'm pretty sure someone's tried it.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Pump in VAC

Post by Frank EU »

Mhh, what type of system are you using?
ChipdOut

Post by ChipdOut »

DK... (B300)
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Some techs do it all right, but we have never found it to be effective and don't recommend it.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Please explain further, what you mean.
On a DK injector?
ChipdOut

Post by ChipdOut »

what i mean is when you go to the vacuum cycle you do any of you pump up and down a couple times before locking the injector in vacuum mode
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

It is physically impossible to "pump in vacuum" (physics 101) You can pump in air but you can not pump vacuum .
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

harrellbenjamin wrote:It is physically impossible to "pump in vacuum" (physics 101) You can pump in air but you can not pump in vacuum .
Jbrodie

Post by Jbrodie »

You guys are confusing me! I use Poly Lite vacuum preasure pump it's a fine system. I use it on the bigger cracks and chips and for long cracks in preasure mode it was great with vasoline on the suction cups so I can slide it along the crack. A star chip it works good especialy in vacuum mode it pulls all the air out, than put it in preasure mode and pushes the resin in the chip. For normal chip/cracks I still use my trustee wedge with a piston.
curt

Post by curt »

I have only done 80 - 100 repairs and in no way am I commenting as an expert .But I believe I tried pumping my DK in order to remove small bubbles in a combo { after 1st or 2nd pressure cycle I held bridge in place and lifted plunger up and down several times to try to dislodge air . Is that what you meant ? } It did work but Brent and Kori are the Masters and from reading in this forum he has repeatedly said just work the cycles and I have stopped trying to speed up the process and let the equipment do the work .I am some what impatient and have found if I repeat cycles the affect is the same . During the same time in my self instruction tried to apply pressure to speed up and created a beautiful daisy .LOL . I am Patiently waiting for DK training in my area to kick off and start making some money . If I said anything here that is wrong I am open for correction .