Just Venting!

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
bullseyeben

Just Venting!

Post by bullseyeben »

Wow. This has been a rough month. 3 repairs for the entire month of July. All insurance so I have not been paid for any of them yet. I have never gotten a referral from the networks that are am part of. And every insurance job has been taking 4 1/2 to get paid for. Even Lynx, who I fax the invoices to for quicker payment is still showing a job I did on the 7th, waiting for the Insurance to pay then they will issue a check.

Nobody will pay for a cash repair and insurance takes a month to pay.

ok all done.
windshieldwiz

Re: Just Venting!

Post by windshieldwiz »

Things do get slow from time....unless u r the only person in the world getttting 70 plus referrals a month....Do not give up.each day is a new day......solicit everyone.....casual talk with dealers.......a small paper ad may help....ensure friends family etc are aware what u do.....smile always.....truck/car magnet all will work out slow business to build I found but hey when you get there will smile and enjoy.....hang in there
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

sound's like you have had plenty of time on your hands. use it to do sales. dealers and fleets, not networks will get you some regular income.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

I generally spend 10 hours a day telemarketing and 4-6 hours going businesses right now.
Dr.Chipster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Dr.Chipster »

Just a question? Do you have magnetic signs or graphics on your car with your phone number? If not my suggestion would be
to invest a few dollars on your rolling billboard. I was at the gas pump on Thursday and the gentleman next to me saw my simple
window lettering "WINDSHIELD REPAIR" and phone number and set up an appointment for Friday (today) to fix his windshield. He even paid
cash.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Yes I do actually. That was one of the first things I got done.
If i knew how to attach a picture, I would put it on here.

I did do an insurance job today. Allied Insurance customer i got from telemarketing last night. Now I just wait 4-6 weeks for payment.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

After you have been in the business for a while you will build up some cashflow.Then,the time you wait to receive your money from insurance work becomes irellevant.Please dont depend on networks to make your living.You have to get out and hit the streets and when you do this good things will come to you.I think of network chips as a bonus.
bullseyeben

Post by bullseyeben »

Yes, I agree. I generally spend now about 4 hours a day cold calling on the phone in the evening which gets me only about 2 repairs per month average right now. I got my first 20 customers by cold calling in the first month when I was doing a intro rate of $19.95, which matches most of the competitions here for mobile service.

I do a few morning hours each day going business to business. which has gotten be one customer, one time in three months,

I also go to big shopping centers and leave cards and talk to people with chips and that has worked to get me 1 customer.

The big issue is pricing. The average price here is $19.95/repair from the competitors, a couple do it for $14.95 and another does $24.95. They also push insurance jobs and offer free lunch gift certificates with all insurance jobs.
t4k

Post by t4k »

bullseyeben wrote:Yes, I agree. I generally spend now about 4 hours a day cold calling on the phone in the evening which gets me only about 2 repairs per month average right now. I got my first 20 customers by cold calling in the first month when I was doing a intro rate of $19.95, which matches most of the competitions here for mobile service.

I do a few morning hours each day going business to business. which has gotten be one customer, one time in three months,

I also go to big shopping centers and leave cards and talk to people with chips and that has worked to get me 1 customer.

The big issue is pricing. The average price here is $19.95/repair from the competitors, a couple do it for $14.95 and another does $24.95. They also push insurance jobs and offer free lunch gift certificates with all insurance jobs.

Good grief, those prices are ridiculously low. I do fleet work and car lots, which is considered wholesale, and my rates are twice that. Retail pricing starts at $55.00 and goes up.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

$19,95, and even $14,95. You mus be kidding right? I mean, one must be pretty retarded offering a professional service, like ours, under your own cost price. This is NOT about bullseyeben, this is about the other people who apear to offer the service at such low prices that it make me sick. They sure must be out of their mind, and are probably replacing people -offering repairs as a lure, perform cheap work, the customer is unhappy and guess what; they offer to refund the low $14,95 and simply replace the glass. Things like this are one of the things that are so wrong in our trade.