just ordered..

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
WSRNewb

just ordered..

Post by WSRNewb »

My new headlight restoration kit from delta this week. I'm excited to finally get under way with my business venture. I hope this is going to workout well, i plan to put all my effort into making this work and growing. Only the beginning thou, i plan to start offering WSR as well and some shadowing for PDR. Just felt like sharing, the g/f loses interest in my excitement from time to time. :lol:
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: just ordered..

Post by Brent Deines »

My wife got tired of it 22 years ago when I got started but I still get excited about the possibilities and realities of my business.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

COOL! You will have to keep us posted from time to tiith your progress!

I too will soon be purchasing the HLR Kit from Delta to replace the system we currently use!

You made the right choice!!!!

Good LUCK!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
WSRNewb

Post by WSRNewb »

.. so i got the kit in on friday, get to do some playing with it on sunday, gonna try it out on my truck and g/f car this weekend. i know how the process works as ive done it for years at a body shop, just never had or done the final step of applying a UV coat. so that outta be fun to learn. i gues being that im a newb and just getting out there in starting a business, i got plenty to learn from you guys and people i meet in the field. but headlight restoration isnt the most common thing you see here, so i kinda curious. what are some rates that are being charged for this service, whether wholesale or retail? being someone who just started i dont think its in my best interest to offer a garuntee with my service, but do any of you offer that? and if so what is it?
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

Applying the UV coating and catalyst is simple just remember not to do any excessive wiping. I encourage to you watch some of the informational videos on our site if you haven't done so yet. You will be able to see how we apply it. I bet your g/f will be shocked when she sees the results of her headlights being restored.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Ricersux

Post by Ricersux »

I just ordered my kit today! I am excited to get it...and at the first of October I plan on purchasing the Silver Anniversary repair kit too!!
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

Thank you for your purchase and please keep us updated on your progress. Always remember that Delta Kits and the forum family is here to answer any questions or concerns that you might have.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

After 3 vehicles I found it easier, and I learn more each time I do a vehicle. However, it still takes me 30-45 minues to do most of the HL around here. I noticed my local wal-mart is now advertizing HL restoration at $40 per vehicle, regardless of model. The local Chrysler dealership is reducing its prices from $125 & up as a result of lost business. I normally charge $50 -$60. I guess I will have to lower my price soon. The manager at the auto shop department, stated that all the Wal-marts will be offering this service soon. Wal-mart here has a large sign at each entrance showing a before & after photo of headlights, get it restored while you shop, except bad weather days. I saw something on this site a few months ago about walmart testing this in the midwest somewhere. I got a call from a store associate stating I no longer can place my business cards on cars in their parking lot, as a conflict of interest. I normally scout the parking lots of shopping centers and place my card on windshields or door jams of cars that need chip repair or HL restoration. The Wal-marts here are in an area by themselves in the larger shopping centers. There are 4 super centers within 30 miles of my location. I am not worried, because I still see many vehicles on the road that desperately need repairs. Conviencing them to spend the money is the trick. I normally put cards on the vehicles that look like the owner takes care of it. 3 months and still learning.
Ricersux

Post by Ricersux »

Don't lower your pricing! Educate the customer on how your service is superior. Do you offer a warranty? If not I would. Do you offer mobile service? These help to entice your customers to choose you over walmart or whoever!

Just my .02 cents
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

Ricersux hit the nail on the head! I would educate potential customers about the benefits of headlight restoration. For instance, it drastically improves your driving visibility, enhances the appearance of your vehicle, increases the resale value of your vehicle, and eliminates costly headlight replacements. Secondly, I would research the competition and explain the differences in the headlight restoration systems that are being used. For example, are your competitors removing all of the oxidation and re-applying a protective UV coating?
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.