Help me with your expertise

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
nitu

?

Post by nitu »

Unfortunately for me, there was a chip mark right where the crack orginated so i thing something hit it, but what upset me was how fragile the glass was. I mean the mark itself is very tiny and yet there was a long crack :twisted:

Because of the mark, the company said they cannot replace it under warrenty. I figured if there was a chip mark then something hit it to crack and not a stress crack! Am I right?
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

Sure looks like it, nitu.
CarGlass

goof ups

Post by CarGlass »

hi guys,,, lots of good info going on.... the toyota needs another windshield,,, never use SGC glass,,,, FYG is a good replacement glass,,, the dodge van has a structure problem with the body, ie to much stress in the area of the break, but i would like to know more about it to give better info, has it ever been wrecked ?.. and what year is it and has it ever had a windshield replacement before this one ? hope this helps... c ya ,, keith,, The Car Glass Company
WIN-1

Post by WIN-1 »

Nope, the Dodge Cargo van was purchased new. I kept it loaded to it's 1/2 ton capacity & drove it like H**L.
89 model w/ big V6 & I recommend them to anyone- except for the glass.
Ken
CarGlass

windhield quality

Post by CarGlass »

hi win,, i still seem to think there is a body problem in the area of where the windshield broke the second time,, even the rubber gasket set windshields can still snap,, and the RR tracks dont help either..lol... but its got me curious as im interested in this stuff cause it relates directly to my installation experience,, ill make a few calls in the next couple of days to our local dodge people (and other glass buddies).. thanks win.. c ya ..keith