Crystal View

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
rscatoe

Crystal View

Post by rscatoe »

I just ordered my headlight restoration kit from Delta yesterday. This morning I was browsing the internet looking for more information on headlight restoration, and I came across Crystal View's website. In the instruction video, the salesman sands the lens by hand in two steps. The guy actually says it is okay to leave the fine sand scratches in the lens! He then fills them in with the sealer. They also have a headlight restoration business opportunity where they sell their kit in a ten pack for $15.95 per pack. Has anyone actually tried making a living with this kit? What a joke! :lol: Delta has a great video that compares that kit or a similar one to their HLR kit. Delta beats it hands down!
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Crystal View

Post by t4k »

I have stopped buffing out the fine scratches before applying my sealer. I do a final sand using 4000 grit and buffing was an extra step not needed. Everyone needs to find the "system" that works best for them and stick with it for the best results.

Good Luck to you!
rscatoe

Post by rscatoe »

Thanks for sharing. 4000 grit is very fine, so I can see why you could skip the buffing. I have no idea what the grit used was in Crystal View's video.
NWPhotog

Post by NWPhotog »

I haven't seen the Delta video. Where is it located?
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

We have numerous informational videos, just go to Delta Kits homepage and click the video link. Below is the video that rscatoe was talking about.

Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.