parts source for metabo

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
Deacon

parts source for metabo

Post by Deacon »

Does anyone on the forum know the best place to order a new backup pad for the metabo sxe400?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: parts source for metabo

Post by Brent Deines »

Delta Kits has them but before I quote a price I need to make sure we are talking about the same part. Are you talking about the backing pad that attaches to the tool with a center screw, or the interface pad that attaches to the backing pad by Velcro? Also, are you running the stock 3 1/8" pads or the 3"?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Deacon

Post by Deacon »

Hey Brent. I'm talking about the hook and loop backing pad that comes with the Metabo and attaches with a center screw. If you carry a 3" that would be great. I didn't know you carried either. What's the price on both?
Thanks
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

the Metabo pad is $7.50 and available immediately. We just got these in so they are not on the website yet, but if you call me tomorrow I can hook you up.

We have been testing a 3" pad that extends further from the tool so it gets into the corners better than the original. We also like the smaller size better as it is much easier to get a variety of different sanding disks for it but we still recommend using using a 3" interface pad with it as the softer surface gives better control and is more forgiving. We are not currently stocking the adapter that will allow you to mount the 3" backing pad directly to the Metabo, but should have some ready to ship within a week or so. The cost will be around $20 with the adapter to fit the Metabo. In the very near future all Metabo tools sold by Delta Kits will come equipped with the 3" backing pad and adapter standard.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Ricersux

Post by Ricersux »

Brent,

I just ordered the platinum kit last friday. Does the metabo not come with the adapter for 3 inch discs?
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

It comes with an interface pad that allows you to use the 3” disc.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

For the ones that do have the Metabo already and are thinking about the stand off adapter. is this something do-able by just changing out the 3.25 center screw factory pad and thread on the adp100 adapter? Or is there more to adapting it over?
Just Chippen Away
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

All you have to do is replace the original backing plate and center screw with the new 3" backing plate and threaded adapter.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.