$800 in 3 hrs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

star

Post by GlassStarz »

Today was my day at one of my school bus clients the guys can replace a windshield in those things in 15 minutes with a $45 piece of glass so I only charge em $8 per repair the today i did 36 everyone I talk to thinks im nuts for doing it so cheap well heres the secret the day before I place a flyer on each drivers personal cars window saying im gonna be there the next day and how the fix is free if they have ins if not its only $20 since im there anyway. You wouldnt believe how many show up or call ahead with the ins info. Some show up with mom or grammas car cause it got abreak and thiers didnt I fix em while they are out on thier runs cause hey the bus is gon I gotta fix somethin right? Today I did 36 $8 fixxes but while I was there I did 14 others :wink:
Dave M

No suggestions!

Post by Dave M »

GlassStarz,
I've got to question your method! 50 repairs in one day, in Vermont? I'm in Maine, and have been having frost or heavy condensation in the early morning hours. That alone limits my daylight to around 7 hours or less.
Assuming you have the same problem (New England) that means 7 repairs per hour on bus w/s and cars. Let's see, 60 minutes divided by 7 is 8.5 mins. per repair!!
I've worked on bus w/s before, not fun or easy. Your middle name must be "Flash" or "Superman". What was the quality of those repairs?
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

With two or three bridges going at the same time, it would not be a problem to do that many repairs an hour.
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

Oh Goodie...

It's the "anything-you-can-do-I-can-do-faster-debate" ... I've been wondering when this would show up. :lol:
mafsu

Pictures of breaks

Post by mafsu »

I'm not trying to debate about doing anything faster, I am only stating that by employing several bridges more repairs can be done(and done right) in a given amount of time.
desertstars

i need a price

Post by desertstars »

For about three or four years, I ran three bridges at a time when doing fleet repairs. After setting up first, surveyed for second.

Then went back to first and pulled a vacuum and repressured.

Went to second, drilled and set up second bridge and so on and so on.

Four or five years ago, I went back to using one bridge. It's less complicated and believe it or not, the amount of time I saved utilizing multiple bridges was negligible.

Your idea about passouts on employees vehicles has merit and you proved that.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

3 bridges and a 15yr old son drillin and fillin pits was my solution
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

Yup.

Until he gets smart and steals your customer list and underbids you using the name GlassStarz Jr.
starman

practice glass

Post by starman »

I could 10-15 repais aday if I just had them to do. I have been doing wsr for two yrs. I also do leather/vinyl repairs for 1yr but still not as busy as I what to be. I also set up with two glass shops who send me work. so what is there to do. :wink:
DaveC

number of repair

Post by DaveC »

I believe that the Coitster sort of hit upon it in some previous threads.

All too often, "salespeople" tend to fucus on the present sale and future sales whilst forgetting about their past sales.

Satisfied customers rarely object to recommending your services to friends and associates, but let's face it, their brief (and relatively inexpensive) encounter with you can soon be forgotten.

So, like the Coitster, I always follow-up with my clients and continue to grow my referral database. That, and pray for the City/County to stop paving roads and to start using gravel again:)