Insurance Pricing

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Mike

Insurance Pricing

Post by Mike »

Just getting back into the business after 10 years or so. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Heard State Farm no longer will waive deductables for repairs. Is that true?
2. Does anyone have a list of Insurance Companies and what their pay structure is now.

Example - Company XXX pays $65.00 for the first 2 breaks.
Company YYY pays $55.00 for 1st break $15.00 per additional

Thanks,

Mike
Brad
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Insurance Pricing

Post by Brad »

Mike,

Welcome.

I am new to the business and found out today that State Farm does not pay unless they have a $0.00 deductible. I was pretty bummed when I found out, but then it makes me wonder if there are any other companies like this.

Hopefully someone can chime in and offer some guidance.

Good luck!
Brad
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

State Farm is the only one that I am aware of. They used to waive the deductible but started phasing out that program a couple of years ago. It did have a pretty big impact in some areas for some technicians, but most have just learned to sell their service in a little different way. Windshield repair, just like any other business is all about rolling with the punches and learning how to adapt to ever changing markets.

Some technicians will tell you they wish none of the insurance companies would waive deductibles, while others can't imagine life without out insurance company payments. State Farm customers still have repairs done, but now they do it because they understand that windshield repair still saves insurance companies money, which in turn keeps their premiums lower, is a responsible environmental choice, is safer than replacing the factory urethane seal in the windshiled, takes less of their time, and the cost is minimal. No it's not "free" anymore, but then again it never really was.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Roo

Post by Roo »

As far as what each company pays. The best thing to do is just sign up with the networks, they will send you all the info you want(or have it on their websites) and pricing is different depending on the region you live in. If I remember correctly all pricing is confidential anyway so you probably will not find anyone that will just send you that info. Another thing is there are way too many insurance companies and most have there own pricing schedule, I believe there are 4 or 5 pages of Insurance companies on the Safelite network alone, they will send it to you when you become a repair provider. Hope this helps and best of luck.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks.

Does anyone have advice on increasing the number of calls from a network?

Example might be to increase the area or radius of service. However I have heard that the network(s) might keep the shorter distances for their own shops and send you out on a cross country ride.

Any comment on this?

Mike
Mike

Post by Mike »

State Farm has never ceased to amaze me. After their "PR" debacle with the way they handled the storms in Florida and Louisiania they are presented with a "Perfect Storm" to showcase how Enviromently Friendly State Farm is. They choose to go the other way.

This is the time for insurance companies to highlight and showcase their respective Enviromental Policies.

American Family Insurance can be proud. So can Metropolitan who actually even pays the insured an additional $50.00 to get his windshield repaired instead of allowing his windshield to go to the landfills.
Allstate can hold it's corprate head high and claim they are doing all they can for our future generations. So can USAA. Geico, Country, Pekin, 21st. Centrry, Safco and many, many more.

Public Relations (PR) can be an important componet in the well being of a company. It is important to stay out in front of a PR issue or problem. State Farm would best serve their share holders and employees by coming on board with everyone else and improve their Enviromental Policies.

Mike
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

Not true here in Austin, Texas

I have repaired hundreds of Chips for Customers of State Farm, this year, and NONE of them have had too pay a deductible!

85% of my Insrance referrals are state farm!

Just my 2 cents!

JJH