Delta Resin

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
john eltoro

Maine?

Post by john eltoro »

can delta resin be used for all types of repairs? bullseye, combo's, stars etc... because other companies have one kind of resin for each different type of repair, and they say that one resin can not be used for all repairs. or is that just a way for them to make more money?. :?:
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Delta Resin

Post by Delta Kits »

John,

Delta Kits resin can be used for all types of repairs, including long cracks.

When other companies say that one resin cannot be used for all repairs, they can only speak for their own resins.
Delta Kits, Inc.
desertstars

bad glass(?)

Post by desertstars »

That answer is interesting, Jeff, and I wish I had seen it prior to my earlier reply concerning viscosity and the varieties available today as opposed to yesteryear.

But, boy, is this a complex subject.

Not to be argumentative, but is there a suggestion here that resins aren't comparable to motor oil when it comes to that issue?

Delta resins are as good as any we have used in the past and perfectly acceptable.

Is it also a multi-resin, all-use resin similar to 10w30 motor oil?

I don't know.

I do know that flow is related to viscosity, temperature, pressure, resistance and a bunch of other scientific theories that are as beyond me as Einstein's theory.

An honest question then.

Is Desertstars wasting its money by purchasing 10 ounces of varied thickness resin rather than one no matter the type of repair or the individual circumstances regarding viscosities cited above?

Is an ulta-thin resin injected into an ultra-thin crack somehow diluted to the point that it is ineffective and un-safe insofar as a solid and effective repair is concerned?

Frankly, I don't know again simply because I haven't investigated the chemical properties of w/s resin.

I do know this.

This company will never repair a long crack on a w/s using a resin that makes it easier to fill that crack and endanger anyone in the process if that resin isn't effective in restoring that w/s to it's original integrity.

If I discover that thin or ultra-thin crack resin for cracks doesn't meet that criteria, it will be removed from stock.

Full circle, we are back to whether or not to use different viscosities for different repairs and the safety or lack of same of varied-viscosities resins rather than one for all.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

multi-use resins

Post by Delta Kits »

desertstars wrote:Not to be argumentative, but
Since when do you not like a good argument? ;)
deserstars wrote:Is Desertstars wasting its money by purchasing 10 ounces of varied thickness resin rather than one no matter the type of repair or the individual circumstances regarding viscosities cited above?
I'm not going to get into a big, post after post argument about this. Take it at face value, take it as posturing, whichever you wish.

Some people have been told, and have it in their head, that you need multiple resins for different types of breaks.

This is simply not true...

IF...

you find a resin that is thin enough to fill the smallest cracks, while at the same time has the bonding strength to hold the larger cracks together.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Our resin is very thin...About 14-15CPS..Water is 1CPS, milk is 3CPS...So, very thin. This means that our resin will have no problem going to the very ends of the cracks. The bonding strength of this resin has been extensively tested, and found to be extremely high. This allows you to use one resin, without fear of breakage.

Also, we private label our resin for PPG AutoGlass, one of the largest glass manufacturers in the world. PPG is not going to put their name on something, unless they are confident it is the best product on the market.

Again, if you feel that your method works better, that's fine.
Delta Kits, Inc.