Offer from delta kits web site

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
jlm1624

Offer from delta kits web site

Post by jlm1624 »

Hi, I am about to buy a starter kit and would like some advice. Can anyone tell me if the Impact Marketing deal for half off or free with the purchase of a kit from a #1 recommended supplier is for real? It looks like all the get rich quick schemes we get every day. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Kgobin on January 28th, 2010, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: url in post
AutoGlassEssentials

Re: Offer from delta kits web site

Post by AutoGlassEssentials »

there are a few ways to go about it, we bought a starter kit from someone else an un named source and i was highly disappointed. Cost too much for what it was i think next time we will invest in good bridges slides and resins and buy most everything else separately u can save 2 or 3 hundred dollars if u do it right. There are some good site with great generic advertisement tools which i recommend much cheaper than having them made yourself trust me learned the hard way and honestly i think it gets the point across the same.. all different ways u can attack it but bridges resin slides and pit polish are the big starters maybe get tape for crack a good piston for vacuum a probe to bullseye the window when necessary about it. The dremel, black light, box drill bits razor blades all things u can save on. If it was me I would save my money for advertisement.
Roo
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Roo »

I would have to disagree about piece mealing a kit. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a tool box with all the cut out holes for everything. I know if I didn't have it neatly organized I would have left items behind many times. One quick glance and I know if anything is missing from my Delta Kit! You probably could save some money but you could also save time and buy it all from one place and get great customer service on all the items.

I had a problem with my drill and was leaving town for the Thanksgiving and had some repairs to do for family members. Delta shipped me a brand new drill right to the door step of my in laws house and it was waiting on me when I got there. I shipped the other one back and got a credit for it. You can't put a price on service like that.

As far as the impact marketing program it has some good ideas in it and if you just use it to get one account or a few extra repairs it will pay for itself. I guess it really depends on what your experience is. Do you have previous marketing experience? Have you ever ran a business? If so then it's probably not necessary. It's hard to say, what's good for me might seem like a load of bull to you or vice versa.

I have found out that you get out exactly what you put into this business(somebody else on the forum said this). Some days are tough and other days you come home with a big smile on your face and wonder why every day isn't like that.

Take care and good luck!
jlm1624

Post by jlm1624 »

Hey, Thanks a lot. I agree with everything you said. I have a little experience running a business but not successfully. It sounds like the marketing help is what I will probably need. Being new, I want to have everything I need in one kit. And, I agree with you on the price of good service. I hope to do a lot of big trucks (18 wheelers), do you have any suggestions for getting some shade on the windshield.
Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

jlm1624 wrote:do you have any suggestions for getting some shade on the windshield.
I am assuming you mean you want to block UV rays when you say shade.

The bubble dome virtually eliminates all ultraviolet light from reaching your repair area while your repair is in process. This clear shield also allows easy access to your bridge during the entire repair process.In addition to blocking UV light, this shield has a gasket and suction cups which allows it to remain tight to the windshield, making repairs in rain much easier.

Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

Yes, we highly recommend to be using the UV Dome. It is a great aid, not just for UV-Rays but also for rain. You won't regret it, just get one.