ADVERTISE FOR FREE ON THE INTERNET???

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
the big welshman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

ADVERTISE FOR FREE ON THE INTERNET???

Post by the big welshman »

Hey Guys, Did you know you can advertise your Buisness for free on--Yellow book & Supperpages ??????????? RE supperpages you need to have a land line phone# ? (land line phone # bridge into your cell phone) and an address for your buisness??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Kgobin on January 30th, 2010, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: url in post
scrubs147

Re: ADVERTISE FOR FREE ON THE INTERNET???

Post by scrubs147 »

A free listing on one of these pages subjects you annoying calls from a yellowbook sales person. The sales representative first tells you that they need to varify your listing which you do... and that's when they hit you with this sales scheme to try to get you to buy more advertisements in order to get your listing on top of everyone elses. The more money you spend the better your listing according to the representative. There are far better (free) ways to get your website listed on top of Google without getting into these sales pitches. Meta-tag, proper key words and making sure that you add your local town inside of these keywords and meta tags enables your site to come up on the first pages of Google.
the big welshman

A FREE LISTING TRUST ME?? 40 LETTERS ONLY :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
the big welshman

CALL THEM YELLOW BOOK ASK FOR A FREE LISTING YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET THE TOP OF THE PAGE( you have to pay for that) Make your add SHORT AND SWEET?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Kgobin on January 30th, 2010, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Phone Number in post
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I wouldn't recommend signing up for yellowbook and I would be weary of some of the other free-advertising sites as well. I think their offer of a free ad is really a set-up to develop their own leads to try and up-sell you into more expensive ads (your free ad is at the bottom of the list). I had a similar situation as Scrubs: I posted a free Ad and everyday (sometimes several times a day) I was bombarded with calls from an Ad Sales Rep. They were very aggressive and had a rebuttal for everything that I said. Even after telling the Rep I wasn't interested, I got a call from a different Rep the next day (SO ANNOYING!) and they continued to call each day until I finally took my ad down and e-mailed a complaint to yellowbook. I had a similar situation when signing up for a free online ad with a local newspaper.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Nothing is FREE! You pay for it one way or the other.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

there are a lot of free adv sites for your area's. Just type in windshield repair and your city, When you see one of your competitor name listed. click in and see if they are free and add your shop to the list... I have about 15 or so and no reps calling me out...
Just Chippen Away
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

There are plenty of online sites that you can advertise for free, and yes some of them you will get the annoying calls from, but you learn after about 10 to 15 seconds of being on the phone with them that what they're ultimately calling about. Easiest way to handle it is like this, "I'm sorry but I'm not interested in purchasing any other type of advdertising from your company," and if they try to continue their upsell speach, you politely say,"Again I'm not interested so you have a good day," and hang up the phone!

I know that it's annoying, but eventually they will stop.

Here is a list of online Advertising Co. you can use.....but they're not completed with the dot com, org, net...because we're not allowed to put them up, but you can figure it out on your own........ hopefully!

Craigslist
oodle
Kijiji
MerchantCircle
Recycler
Superads
CityListing
Yelp
BackPage
olx
cliqs
epage
stumblehere
kugli
supermedia
porkypost
adpost
classifiedads
webcosmos
usfreeads

I'm sure there are a BUNCH more out there.....this is a start, and keep in mind, even if you go to one of sites and theres not much advertising going on in your area, put an ad in anyways....most advertisers submit to the internet, which in turn puts your info in the search engines!!!

ATX
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

There is a site called YEXT dot com, and they are a paid site. I tried them in the past when they were run by another company, at that time they were paid 12.00 for ANY call that came through there line that they give you, but now YEXT bought the company out and made changes. All calls are recorded and if it is a call for having a replacement price and you do not do replacements then they will not charge you... If it is for a repair you pay them 6.00 flat. You can make the site as busy as you want, check it daily, hear the call placed.

Now, it is not a free site, and you can cancel any time you want. No contracts . But it is better than GOOGLE. You only get charged if they call your number, not for each click.

Remember, sometimes you need to spend money to make money. Just choose the advertizing that may work.

I canceled my Google account. 75.00 per month for two months and only one job each month. I was being charged for the clicks... No control on that. I have a feeling it was my competitor playing his games again...
Just Chippen Away