How many shops recomend ACT for billing?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
WIN-1

Post by WIN-1 »

Hey gang
I'm getting yanked around ( at least my customers are) when I call Lynx servces for authoriztaqion the last few days.
I would just as soon use ACT billing- it's effectively free becasue they pay me more per invvoice than they charge me per invoice than Lynx or Safelite pays me.
How many others shops will give me a thumbs up for this bunch?
I can dump them later because there's no contract or commitment or monthly service fee after the $25 setup charge
BTW- when will one of our computer Guru/ Geek buddies create our own service if there's money to be made, let's do it!
I tried finding GlassComp on Google & couldn't find them?:~(
Any other recommendations?
Thanks all
Ken
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

How many shops recomend ACT for billing?

Post by Delta Kits »

Glasscomp is at http://www.glasscomp.com
Delta Kits, Inc.
ARG

Post by ARG »

Ken:

I find ACT to be worth the money. To start out with, when I'm in the field I have no way to listen in on the conversation between the network and the insured when they are required to talk to the insured. ACT eliminates most steering, when the network starts playing their game the people at ACT step in tell them that they need to process the claim.

Further their is no need to worry about chasing down checks for invoices that aren't paid. Most invoices are paid under 30 days. We have used them over a year now and have had 100% payment on invoices.

After doing the repair all that is left is waiting on the fax or email that tells me the money is now in my account.

If I had to choose between spending time on the phone chasing money or repairing more windshields, I'd choose repairing windshields.

ARG
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

I use Act and have nothing but GREAT things to say. If you are worried about the $14.95 they have lowered it to $7.95 if you call the insurance company and get the aprov # And then call them with it. Face it folks the average repair is $35 the insurance companys pay $50 or more minus the $14.95 to Act we still make the same and get some buisness we normaly wouldnt. For me its a well Duh situation BILLING INSURANCE COMPANIES IS A PAIN IN THE ASS! let someone else do it and spend your valuable time doing repairs or making more sales calls
GRT

equipment

Post by GRT »

I have not had any problems with Lynx at all. They are extremely easy to deal with. Maybe you are talking about Safelite. I had alot more trouble with ACT before I got on the networks. Note 1: If you get a dispatch # from lynx just fax the invoice to GlassComp (309) 263-7558, and they will do the rest. They will bill you once a month @ 2.25 per invoice instead of 7.95. I've had no problems with GlassComp at all. Note 2: As far as worrying about what the CSR with safelite is telling your customer, record it. If a land line simple to do and if with your cell phone, most have a self recording device built into the phone. Get out the owners manual. Hope some of this helps.

Nuts,

Gary