Starting out with experience.

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Angry Clone

Starting out with experience.

Post by Angry Clone »

I am seriously considering getting into the WSR business for myself. I currently work for a national chain auto glass repair and replacement company.
Would you say things were easier starting out because you had experience? I have been repairing and replacing windshields for over 13 years. I just don't see the money in replacement for how hard I would have to work at it. WSR seems like it has been a pretty easy sell whenever I have suggested it to people.

So was it easier for you to get the work knowing you had the experience and some solid contacts? Any other replacement guys out there like me who have started their own repair only business? I will be in direct competion with my employer for work and relying on my own reputation to start.

Great forum! I have been looking around in here for days!
usmc68
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Starting out with experience.

Post by usmc68 »

Sorry,
But if I trained you,treated you well, paid you well,etc., and you went out on your own with MY customers-this is what I'd do .
I would hit every one of them with a free month of repairs, and if a month didn't work, go for 2 or more.
I've got money in the bank, most newbys don't.
Sorry former friend.
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

You may find your odd friend here, I don't know (let them speak for themselves) but I just don't like this at all. jmho
Angry Clone

Post by Angry Clone »

My local Company was very recently bought out by this said national chain. I have no loyalty to this new place. I question every move they make. So far the change has been paying less attention to our customers. So get off my back.

If I was still with my old local company it wouldn't be an issue. Give me a break. I've seen crazier questions than mine asked on here. Sorry for being new.

Nice Forum. I won't post again.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

Angry Clone,

There is no need for you to apologize for being new. I think you raise valid questions and I encourage you to keep posting your questions and searching the forum. The opinions expressed by contributors on the forum are to be considered their own personal opinion, and as we all know at times there will be a difference of opinion based upon ones own personal experience.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Ricersux
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Ricersux »

I will answer your question. I do think it easier to get the ball rolling if you have industry background. I think you should be careful about calling on your current employers accounts. There should be plenty of chips to go around...earn those accounts by providing superior service to new accounts and the old ones will seek you out.

Note: Experience in working for the other guy in your field doesn't make you a business person. Some people are better techs then owners.
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana