Where can I find business insurance.....

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
andrewnorthcutt1

Where can I find business insurance.....

Post by andrewnorthcutt1 »

I have recently started a windshield repair business and I am having trouble finding cheap business insurance with general liability of $500,000 and complete operations coverage. I have been looking around, but can anyone point me in the right direction? I am struggling here and I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Layne

Re: Where can I find business insurance.....

Post by Layne »

Google RLI Insurance. Reasonable rates.
usmc68
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by usmc68 »

As offered, RLI is very good, about $168 a year. But many people don't realize it doesn't cover the car you are working on, only cars close when you are working. You are still responsibile for the car you are working on. In over 20 years I have spent a little over $400
on warranty work, $300 to a crooked SFI agent and or his customer , a , lying Baptist preacher I have been quoted almost $9000 for full garage keepers ins. fof a year-what a rip off!
Welcome to our world-don't believe every thing people post, especially how much they make-how would you check it?
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by SGT »

If you willing to take the time to search my posts you will find a wealth of factual information on this. Make informed decisions. Good luck.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
bpdenverco

Post by bpdenverco »

I just got insurance,in Colorado. it is $ 536.00 for the year. for $500.000 my highest price was 1,120.00 per year.
1. you have to tell them, your mobile glass repair. you do not replace glass. their are underwriters that know about this class code.
2. if you need $500,000 ask for $500.000 they may give you 1,000.000 dont take if you can avoid it.
3. they will need to insures your home/business..dont worry, we know you dont fix cars in your living room. they just have to do it...
4. just keep getting price's took me 12 insurance company's.

I might guess you work out of you car or truck, and you have regular insurance for your car. just keep your mouth shut, tell them your car/truck is taken care of. you say why. well you are suppose to have a business policy on your car/truck. unless you want to pay more money for your car/truck. keep it to yourself.
roy

Post by roy »

hello im having hard time to find a RLI broker,i contacted RLI and they give me some names,but when i call them they dont do RLI,one came up with 1300.00 and the other one with 800.00
im in ft worth texas,any help ill apreciate.
roy
Roo

Post by Roo »

Check out Safeco's website and get a quote from them. Unless you plan on driving your customers vehicle you don't need garage keepers. Just get a general liability policy.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I just renewed my RLI insurance for $187 for $500.000. 00 worth of coverage. I talked to my rep and he stated I was covered operating as a mobile service from my home. I asked hime if I open a small shop with a garage door would I be covered. He stated NO that they only coverd mobile and not garage type insurance. He said I could make repairs at my home if I had a garage and would still be covered, but not an off site garage.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I thought garage keepers insurance was needed if you drove the the customers car. Now it seems to depend on whether or not your building has a garage door. :shock: :shock:
t4k

Post by t4k »

I just found some more info. on garage keepers insurance:
Garagekeepers Legal Liability coverage is an optional coverage designed for business owners who offer towing services or operate service stations. It protects a customer's vehicle when you are keeping it at a covered location for parking or storing, or to perform service.