Starting out in Ireland.

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Up for the Crack!

Starting out in Ireland.

Post by Up for the Crack! »

Hello all,

I am a new member from Ireland.Firstly I would like to say I think this forum is excellent.I must have read 80% of it already,the wealth of knowledge to be found here is extremely useful to a newby like myself.I run a busy car related forum myself so I know how much effort it takes.Good job staff.. really glad I found this forum.

Anyway.. as the title suggests, I am very interested in getting into windshield repair here in Ireland.I would operate it as a mobile business aswel as setting up a tent,hopefully rotating weekly between a few different counties.Ireland is small so this would be easily done.There seems to be only one other guy who sets up a tent in my county every now and then so there isn't much competition.

My problem is I can't seem to find any info on setting up this type of business in Ireland so I'm hoping some of you can help me with the following:

- Is there anywhere in Ireland that offers training? Could it be learned from the Delta Kits DVD with some practice? (I have no problem getting old windshields)

- Do you need to be licensed/certified or anything like that to do insurance work?

- How do I go about billing insurance companies?I've noticed most of you use another company for this however I don't know if such a company exists here.If they do,I can't find any.

As I run a car related forum myself,I have a lot of connections in all sectors of the motor industry throughout Ireland so I would have no problem with finding locations to set up and also advertising.I may even have some ideas on advertising that some of you may find useful.

I know I have asked a lot of questions,unfortunately I have no one else to ask.So I would really appreciate you taking the time to even answer one of my questions

Thanks in advance,
Slán.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Starting out in Ireland.

Post by Kgobin »

Slán,

Welcome to the forum! As you can see there is a ton information on the forum and technicians from across the world. I have emailed you the contact information for Delta Kit's Ireland distributor. Keep in mind that every Delta Kits windshield system comes with a training manual and DVD. Also, we conduct factory training & certification classes in Eugene, Oregon monthly. Lastly, you can view informational videos on our website and we offer unlimited technical support.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Up for the Crack!

@Kgobin: Thanks for your reply.I'm not really in a position to travel at the moment.Do you think the DVD would be enough to get me started? (with a lot of practise) Or would I need some kind of qualification for insurance jobs?The majority of my business would be insurance jobs.

I have watched all of your videos over and over already and will continue to do so.

I have received your email.Thanks for the info.I had already found that site but there are no prices on there.I will have to contact them.I will be in touch..

Thanks again.
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

In my opinion, you can learn how to do windshield repairs by watching the training DVD and reading the manual. There are a number of successful windshield repair technicians on this forum that have and have not sought training. In the states there aren't any training qualifications to bill the networks.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Up for the Crack!

That's great news.At least I know now it can be done if needs be.There doesn't seem to be any qualifications needed over here either but I thought I better check it out anyway..

Thanks again.
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

Is your forum about cars or services for cars?
Just Chippen Away
Up for the Crack!

just chippen away wrote:Is your forum about cars or services for cars?
Both.

To be honest, I find it a bit odd that you read the whole post and that's the only question you have.Why do you ask?
just chippen away

There I go again, pissing someone off with out trying. Damn I'm good.

Paragraph 1: That was a comment to Delta.
Paragraph 2: You are explaining your plans and stating you have one competitor.
Paragraph 3.1: I do not live in Ireland and Delta has already covered this to you by email.
Paragraph 3.2: Again, I do not live in Ireland and do not know how things work over there.
Paragraph 3.3: More less the same answer as paragraph 3.2
Paragraph 3.4: A comment in regards to your auto related forum and a statement that you may have ideas to pass along that may help others...
Paragraph 3.5: A plea to have us to answer one of your questions.

Being from the USA, I would not know how things even operate there at all. You have read 80% of the posts and threads, so you already know most everything we know here...

Sorry I only posted an off topic to your thread. I guess I will not post anything as an off topic to your threads. My mistake.
Just Chippen Away
just chippen away

Up for the Crack! wrote:
just chippen away wrote:Is your forum about cars or services for cars?
Both.

To be honest, I find it a bit odd that you read the whole post and that's the only question you have.Why do you ask?
I thought I may like to visit your forum to see what is about because you spoke about it a little, But as of now, I will pass..!

There a few of us that have more than one interest when we are not working. I also tried for you to plug your non related forum, but you did not bite..
Just Chippen Away
Up for the Crack!

@ just chippen away: It seems I may have also pissed someone off without trying.You must have read my post in an angry tone.Well that's not how it was written.I'm not pissed of at all,trust me .. I'm not that easily offended haha.I just found it odd that that was the only question you asked and wondered why you asked it,that's all.Thanks for clearing it up and also thanks for the opportunity,however I'm not interested in plugging the forum I work on.I don't own the forum by the way,I just run it for a friend.The forum is for modified car enthusiasts (mainly Japanese imports) you know.. the Fast and Furious type of cars haha.I myself own two Japanese imports which I love and I spend a lot of money maintaining them as do most of my friends and associates.We love our cars very much (actually,a bit too much lol) so for us a crack on the windshield simply won't do.It will be fixed asap.This is the angle I was referring to with regards to advertising ideas.It doesn't matter if you're not into these cars yourself as long as you can repair a windscreen there would be work in this area.I may start a seperate,more detailed thread on the subject.. hopefully someone here will gain some new work from it.

As for reading 80% of the forum.. I did that and used the search function before posting but couldn't find any info. on Ireland so I said I would ask.Hopefully someone here can tell me something that can help me out.

Cheers all..