lots of views and hardly any replies or posts

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
stonedwindshieldrepair

Post by stonedwindshieldrepair »

come on people, lets get this thing going. if you view it at least make a post and let everyone know you been there. i am on another forum and we have people there with over 10,000 posts.....lets get some action here or this board will die!
stonedwindshieldrepair

lots of views and hardly any replies or posts

maybe we should do like on other forums and give out a little medal under your name if you have XXXX posts.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

Stoned,

Let's see, 5 posts, including these two, since signing up on December 12th? Before today, that's what, 3 posts in 14 days? ;)

There is something to be said for quality when it comes to posting. I would much rather have the great quality posts that we have on this board, even though there are only a little over 3300, rather than 10,000 posts from people who were "dared" to post.

In other words, i'm all for people posting more. No one should be afraid to put their opinion in the mix. I'm not for posting just for the sake of little "medals" under your name though.
Delta Kits, Inc.
stonedwindshieldrepair

but even though the posts may not be much, at least in the mix, you get good responses...and yes i only have 5.....i was just trying to get the posting started so more people can feel more comfortable with posting. sometimes what we may think is a silly answer may help someone else. lets not get all ruffled. and if that board is so bad, why is it on your links?
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

stonedwindshieldrepair wrote:if that board is so bad, why is it on your links?
I wasn't speaking of any board in particular Stoned. My point is simply that there is more than just post count to consider when looking at boards.
Delta Kits, Inc.
desertstars

taxes

Post by desertstars »

And, you made the point more eloquently and with more patient regard than I would have, FilioScotia49.

I see stonedwindshieldrepair's post without assuming that he is insinuating the amount of posts correspond in any way with the quality or lack of same.

Nor do I assume you do, either.

What we DO need however is feed- back from those who pose a question;
receive advice and suggestions from those of us who bother to respond rather than merely lurk in spite of our busy schedules; and then wait like expectant fathers for some conclusion as to whether we just inherited a still-born.

It's called common courtesy.

Quite simply, review the archives before posing a question;
desertstars

Post by desertstars »

My message was not completed.

Let me finish the last sentence or two.

Quite simply, review the archives before posing a question and without feeling the necessity of effusively thanking everyone who answered with advice, for crying out loud and pity's sake at least return to the forum and finish the thread as to your individual success or failure.

That's the least that can be done for those who painfully follow a thread looking for a conclusion and end up with more questions than answers.

As Repair1 says.

That's my two cent's worth.