must have accessories?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Hubcity ws repair

must have accessories?

Post by Hubcity ws repair »

so far every penny goes right back in to build up my business. Not alot of pennies yet, still doing more practicing then business. Since I am purchasing everything with cash (student of dave ramsey) what in your opinion are the must have accessories to do quality work. Later I will buy the things that make life a littlr easier when repairing but for now need the must haves
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: must have accessories?

Post by screenman »

Dry out tools and of course a Delta system.
Master chip
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Master chip »

Hub city it would be best that you let us know what you have or don't have. ;)
Hubcity ws repair

Post by Hubcity ws repair »

sorry, for not posting what I already have, sometimes I get ahead of myself. I have a delta bridge assembly, mirror, probe, uv light resins and fillers, polish, curing strips and cleaner, razor blades.
robert n

Post by robert n »

Hubcity, you should get a UV Dome....Definitely a MUST HAVE
t4k

Post by t4k »

Hubcity ws repair wrote:sorry, for not posting what I already have, sometimes I get ahead of myself. I have a delta bridge assembly, mirror, probe, uv light resins and fillers, polish, curing strips and cleaner, razor blades.
Sounds like you have just about everything needed to get started. UV protection is a MUST! I use the plastic sheet cover. I find the bubble dome too bulky. An old dark colored towel will work in the beginning, if you have nothing else.
mend master

Post by mend master »

GlasWeld has a flexible plastic UV blocker for $24.95. Simple to use, and folds like a napkin for easy storage in your kit.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I like a sheet UV blocker as it will fold up and fit in my kit. A while ago I took these cheap umbrellas that have a headband under them, cut the headband off and used it for a UV shield. Folds up and fits in your back pocket.

I think a slide hammer or spring hammer is essential. Practice with it before you use it on a customers windshield.

If you are going to be doing repairs inside or later in the evening, a UV light for curing the resin is needed.

Maybe some kind of hood protector, I use a sheet of the waffle type no skid material.
usmc68

Post by usmc68 »

Dry Star for sure. Vinyl uv protector,(dome can come much later- Mother taught me to get out of the rain)! 12 volt battery pack, 12 volt uv light,extra Delta bridge and injector assemblies, Liquid Resins umbrella, LR #210 drill bits, antennae wrench, small flashlight, Delta injector centering tool, slide hammer, extra seals, resin, Glass Plus cleaner(no silicone like Windex), 2' step ladder with several feet of non skid shelf liner to stop sliding, 4/0 steel wool, Bounty paper towels, fishing rod and reel, tackle, and a Glock model 26 9 mm pistol- all should cover your back nicely!!!!
screenman

Post by screenman »

Why the umbrella, I hope that is only for the days when it might start to rain halfway through a job.