Approval from Lynx

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
T-DUDE
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Approval from Lynx

Post by T-DUDE »

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to be approved by Lynx? I submitted all the info required through METRYX and it's been about 3 weeks..I also haven't received a w-9 form from them which I have received from Safelite and Harmons. (Still waiting to be approved by them also and it's been about 3 weeks). Thanks guys!
chipfixman

Re: Approval from Lynx

Post by chipfixman »

I hate the run around that these "networks" give us guys. It would be nice if we joined together and somehow shut these networks out. I would much rather just deal with the insurance companies than having to deal with SGC and LYNX...They are not on our side.
SeeClearly

Post by SeeClearly »

Chipfixman...I agree with you in saying they are not looking out for our interests, only their own. I think that in the future there WILL be a means to combat what is going on with the Networks versus all of us, if and only if people are paying attention to what is going on and they feel strongly about changes getting made to the current situation.

Unfortunately, most people do not care about what is happening with regards to their surroundings (in general) UNLESS it affects them personally. They live in a bubble of sort. When it does affect them, it then becomes an issue. Look at what is going on in today's world. We are watching protests grow each day on the distgust of what in happenening in America. People are finally waking up and voicing their opinion; which is good. Hopefully that will force some changes. There is no difference on our level here. I guess what I am wondering is how many other people are frustrated with the "system" as it stands now, and if there were a way to correct it that would be good for the repair industry, how many people on this forum would support the changes?

I would be interested to see how many people will/would chime in with a "support" or "non-support" vote per say as a quick poll. I know by how many people requested the "invoice" that was supplied by Delta Kits that there are thousands of people that read this forum. I will be surprised if we get more that 25 people that chime in with a response, which will prove my bubble theory of people in our industry. I would be pleasantly surprised to be proved wrong. :)
GlassQueenT2

Post by GlassQueenT2 »

I would support if it was good for all :!:
T-DUDE

Post by T-DUDE »

I really wish we didn't have to deal with them either. How long did it take you guys to get approved? And does Lynx send out their W9 form when you're approved? I don't want to wait to be approved and then send a w9 in to wait another 2 weeks to get approved on that..
CV Windshield Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by CV Windshield Repair »

Do you feel that you need to join in order to get work or to be able to bill through lynx or SGC? If you want to join the networks thinking that you will get referrals, in most places that does not happen anymore unless a customer specifically resquests your business for the repair. When the networks first came on the scene they promised that if you joined that you would be put on a rotation and get all kinds of work, that never happened. So don't think you need to join them to do business with them. If you have an insurance customer simply call the 800 number agree to their pricing get the referral number and submit for payment.
T-DUDE

Post by T-DUDE »

Thank you so much! :) I was always under the impression that I couldn't do insurance jobs/bill them unless I was approved by them. (facepalm) I very much appreciate your help.
glassyeyed

Post by glassyeyed »

T-DUDE wrote:Does anyone know how long it typically takes to be approved by Lynx? I submitted all the info required through METRYX and it's been about 3 weeks..I also haven't received a w-9 form from them which I have received from Safelite and Harmons. (Still waiting to be approved by them also and it's been about 3 weeks). Thanks guys!
Who's Harmons ?
T-DUDE

Post by T-DUDE »

Harmon's or (HSG) is another TPA just like Lynx, Safelite, and Gerber. If you'd like to read more about it go to Delta Kits home page>Site Map>Insurance Billing & Startup Information. Then just read about the four topics:

New Biz Checklist
Insurance Billing Setup
Insurance Billing Process
Third Party Claims Processors

Hope that helps!