Fleet Invoice

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jhickman1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Fleet Invoice

Post by jhickman1 »

Thanks candyman thats what I was wantin to know.

Drystar I wasnt tryin to 'copy' you. I wasnt wanyin to walk around with your invoices and my name pasted to the top.

Im not tryin to get something without working at it. As I said in the first post I was doin modifications myself and spending several hours on that. I was just wanting to know what was workin for other guys so I could possibly draw some ideas and advice from yalls experience.
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
candyman

Post by candyman »

You are welcome. Have a nice day!
just chippen away

Post by just chippen away »

Seems that all the new members or newbies what us to give up all our hard-work that we developed that works best for us just so they do not have to sit at nights racking their own brains....

I like drystar would not give anyone copies of things I took hours to make up or design. This is what comes with owning YOUR business. All YOUR time designing YOUR own material..... It may take time out of YOUR day from making YOUR big bucks. There are times I am still working the computer at 10 - 11 pm for MY business. New advertising fliers to find new and better ways to draw new or old customers to me over the other so-called services....

I do not try to sound mean or selfish, but it seams I am good at it, so that is how I word things... Straight to the point. No sugar coating... Just salt for the taste or to add to the wound.
Just Chippen Away
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

just chippen away wrote:Seems that all the new members or newbies what us to give up all our hard-work that we developed that works best for us just so they do not have to sit at nights racking their own brains....

I like drystar would not give anyone copies of things I took hours to make up or design. This is what comes with owning YOUR business. All YOUR time designing YOUR own material..... It may take time out of YOUR day from making YOUR big bucks. There are times I am still working the computer at 10 - 11 pm for MY business. New advertising fliers to find new and better ways to draw new or old customers to me over the other so-called services....

I do not try to sound mean or selfish, but it seams I am good at it, so that is how I word things... Straight to the point. No sugar coating... Just salt for the taste or to add to the wound.
Where is the ''Like'' button?
t4k

Post by t4k »

just chippen away wrote:Seems that all the new members or newbies what us to give up all our hard-work that we developed that works best for us just so they do not have to sit at nights racking their own brains....

Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Gosh, I could have sworn we started this forum to "help" others in the industry. I understand not wanting to share information with others in your target market area, but not wanting to help someone who is not in direct competition with you is a foreign concept to me. If a forum is not a place to share helpful information, what good is it?

Hang in there Jhickman1, there are some on this forum, like candyman, who believe in "paying it forward".
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Brent, I understand your posted comment made but truthfully, aren't all the seasoned techs replies to post made daily on here for newbies (not paying it forward?) None of us are obligated to do so, we just want these new people to do things technically right to help make this industry become more professional.

I suppose I was a little harsh in my response to jhickmans request which I apologize for. If he had sent me a simple PM message... it would've been handled differently. Last thing I want is to be like "Korey" sending out daily copies of my invoices. Just don't have the free time to handle that. That's why I responded that way.

What bothers me the most is many of these newbies seem to find the time to set up websites "Stating they specialize in repair" before they even get their feet wet in this business. Then they ask questions on here they should've already known prior to advertizing that fact.

You can call me old school or a sour grape but that's how I am.
Glasseye

Post by Glasseye »

Drystar your a sour grape :lol:
candyman

Post by candyman »

Jhickman: call me if you have my number. I checked the listings for your shop but it wasn't listed on the WS referral index.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Glasseye wrote:Drystar your a sour grape :lol:
Glasseye, thanks for revealing my true identity!