Quickfixxrepair

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Quickfixxrepair

Post by Eco Steam »

Not sure whats going on with this company, I haven't been signed up with them long enough to know if this is something consistent or what, and I certainly haven't completed enough repairs either.

But they text me after xmas with a job, I completed it same day, went online submitted the repair with 3 day pay on 12/28. I get another text on 1/3 for a single chip, fix it same day, go online submit the repair and 3 day pay is no longer available. It's now the 8th, still have not received payment for job submitted on 12/28 with 3 day pay (i understand the new year holiday, but...)

At this point, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue working with them, I emailed them over the weekend and I'm waiting to hear back from someone.

Just letting y'all know that as of this morning, 3 day pay is still unavailable online, and as of 12/28 it was there, but apparently by selecting it, it wasn't enough to make it a valid selection.

ATX
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Re the above you may get a quicker reply if you txt them @ the 205# enquiring about payment I am on the slow payment @ the moment it takes about 6-8 weeks for payment QF advise me that payment takes 3days for a bank payment and you have to make sure you put the correct Bank # into the system. Maybe QF are making interest % on the money before the sending payments out to us???????????????????? If enough people complain to QF about slow paymens maybe they will get there act together???
Vikingfann
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Vikingfann »

The Quick Pay option for $3.50 is still available. That said, it still isn't very quick. I submitted a completed job on Dec 10th and paid the extra $3.50. The payment was supposed to be transmitted to my bank on Dec. 21st. It actually hit my account on Jan 8th. Not exactly quick. My email to accounting@quickfixx on Jan 4th inquiring about this went unanswered.

QuickFixx is like a tool in my box - if I need it I use it. I normally just do cash repairs unless the customer inquires about insurance paying for it or they think my cash price is too high. Since my insurance volume is down from what it used to be, I no longer (or rarely) get any referrals. No great loss since many of them were out of my area.

Jere
Attack-A-Crack Windshield Repair
Lake Elsinore, SoCal
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

I only use them for the referrals they send me (which isn't very many anyway) I wouldn't use them for any of my other insurance jobs I generate on my own, I would rather pay the 2.49 and use datatranz and I see my $ in about 2-3 weeks, why pay $10 to wait 6-8 wks?

I actually got 1 payment today, was charge $15 for their quick "3 day pay option" and it actually took nearly 2 weeks. Its not that the $ is a big deal, it's the principle behind what they're advertising.

ATX
the big welshman

What gets me about QF is payment they tell you on your job work sheet a certain date that you will get paid? but you will not see any money in your account for another week or two weeks WHY PLAY GAMES be up front and tell the truth and tell us the correct payment date????????????. So far I have had approx 12 jobs since Nov from them for $50.00 I am on the slow payment plan why should I loose out on a quick payment fee :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
screenman

Post by screenman »

Can you lot over in the USA still get paid out by all the insurers, either through an agent or directly. Also who dictates the price.
the big welshman

Screenman The Insurance Companys & Neworks set a price ie $45 to $75.00 one chip +extra chips or a one price deal some of the neworks take a proccessing fee if you do work with Safelite or Harmon its free via the computer to process your invoice or you can use another EDI company processing fee approx $2.50 The only time you can get a different $ amount if the Insured has no glass insurance ie third party fire and theft you can charged your own price $$$$-- How much can you get for a repair in the UK Cash or Insurance work. I heard it is quit hard to do work with Insurance companys across the pond because of Belron parent company in the UK & Ireland has most of the Insurance companys under there thumb :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
screenman

Post by screenman »

I do not do any insurance work at all, however as you say Belron have made it hard for the guys that do, but not impossible. On average I would say those insurers that do pay are much the same as you get over there.

Personally I charge a minimum now of £40 for the first chip on the glass and £10 for each consecutive. Long crack is charged at £50 upwards towards £95 depending on glass.
ghost rider

Post by ghost rider »

screenman wrote:Can you lot over in the USA still get paid out by all the insurers, either through an agent or directly. Also who dictates the price.

Not all insurers will pay directly. There are some that will only pay through the network if you are on that network. Maybe if I got off all of the networks, they would have to pay me directly. I will have to give that some more thought. I have a few companies that I can send inv.'s to directly and some that I can have the agent send in for me. But it is getting harder to direct bill as the networks get stronger. If I am direct billing I set my own price and have not had a problem with that. Here's a nice suprise. I recently let my State Farm "offer and acceptance" contract expire. The agents here agreed to send in my invoices to State Farm directly with my retail price (higher than O&A contract) and so far have been getting what I asked and getting a check in 3 or 4 days. Get to know your agents, a lot of them don't like the networks either.
fixit
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by fixit »

I have always used ACT they told me yesterday that for a three dollar extra fee they will pay you in a couple of days