Want more work? Learn how to replace.

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Horizon Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Want more work? Learn how to replace.

Post by Horizon Glass »

For 20 years I've been teaching Auto Glass Replacement.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Want more work? Learn how to replace.

Post by Brent Deines »

Welcome to the forum Mike.

We don't allow business advertisements here but I did allow your post (URL and facebook links removed) as there are always windshield repair technicians looking for training in the replacement field. Until you have 10 legitimate posts you will not be able to send or receive private messages but with your permission I will be happy to forward you any inquiries from other forum members until you get your post count up. If we get positive feedback from forum members who attend your training I will also be happy to recommend your service to those who call Delta Kits for replacement training info.

Thanks for respecting the forum guidelines.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Horizon Glass

Post by Horizon Glass »

Thanks Brent, I actually learned of this forum from a call I received from a guy who got my info from a past student posting on this forum. I will definitley will get more involved. BTW. I give every student your catalog, provided by Mygrant Glass.
screenman

Post by screenman »

You would not want to get into replacement over here, quite often there is more margin in a repair.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Bigger Overhead Micro Margins and a HUGE Liability yup sounds like something I would want to do :lol: Average Replacement makes about the same as you do on a repair takes more time and instead of 1 dollar worth of Material you spend a hundred to make the same amount Yup Again sign me up :lol: And lets not forget the sweat factor its work to lift that Glass and Set it again Yup im in :lol:
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

I took Mike's class 2 years ago and can attest to the level of professionalism and training you will receive if you take his course. I did the repair-only gig for about a year prior to this and did quite well. But being that I am in a rural area, the need for a "jack of all trades" was a must for me to keep my repair customers from visiting replacement shops for their repairs in the event they let one go. The money I gave Mike was money well spent and I told him to raise his prices after my course because of the value I got out of it (I hope he took my advice). The course is 10 full days (and I mean full so you better be ready to learn and work), and it comes with basic tools and continuing support. I call or email him on a near weekly basis to get his advice on something (much like my experience at Delta Kits). He's been in the business for a long time in a fast paced market. I will be forever grateful for what he did for my business.

As someone else posted, the replacement gig is not without risk. Certainly, repair is far less risky, but so are any number of business ventures. Risk is part of business. I've had bad days but I've had far more good ones, I take care of my customers, and it's paying well. At any rate, I FAR prefer doing repairs due to the high profit margins and more relaxed work load, but if you are in a place like I am, replacement is a game changer for the good. Furthermore, I often sing praise for Mike and his school and besides buying me lunch when I was at his school, I have gained nothing for doing so, so don't think he's paying me to yummy him up. :) Hey Mike! How 'bout a bottle of fine bourbon?