How much fleets can save?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
sglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

How much fleets can save?

Post by sglass »

Hello.
I was wondering how much 100 truck fleet can save in 1 year with glass repair vs replacement?
Thanks.

Tomas.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: How much fleets can save?

Post by GlassStarz »

$1,389,675.437.00 Sorry kind of a lame question :D Want to know the savings ask how much they spend and figure 10% of those needed will still be needed(Some are broken and replacement is needed) the rest is your number - how much they paid you :o
screenman

Post by screenman »

A large bus company with 300 buses told me in 1999 that their glass bill had been lowered by £90,000 in the first year they started using me for repair. Now not sure how accurate this was and it was the only time anyone mentioned an amount.

I must add that for my fleet customers I seldom turn down a job and on the very large glass have no problem with 18inch cracks, as long as they are out of drivers line of sight.

I reckon on 80% of windshield damage being repairable if caught quickly, I have no idea which damage will run, however I know almost every long crack I have come across started off as a chip.
sglass

Post by sglass »

I want try fleets and was looking for % numbers wich can help me with sale.
Most of the glass in Poland for trucks like Scania, Volvo, DAF, MAN, Mercedes can be replaced about £100 ( Pilkington glass ) and most expensive repair is about £30 in replacement shop.
Im only one mobile tech in city of population about 700 000 with about 30 replacement shops around and I'm not very busy.
Any way thanks for replay.

Tomas
Glasseye

Post by Glasseye »

If it's any help sglass, an average car fleet would work on 10% annual glass replacement. Commercial fleets would be a plus factor on that figure ( higher vehicle mileage ). Another plus factor is commercial vehicles would suffer higher repairable damage ( thicker glass). I am surprised at the replacement cost you quote for replacement glass. Trade cost is normally 30% of total replacement cost and Pilkington commercial glass is a darn sight more than £30 on the vehicle types you quoted.
sglass

Post by sglass »

Hi. £30 it's cost of repair around here, and replacement for £100 ( 550PLN in today's rate) was quoted from one of network shops. I'm not surprised I'm shock about prices with quite good aftermarket glass like Pilkington. Ok labour is cheap here but were the glass come from?

Tomas
screenman

Post by screenman »

So if you can repair 50 that they would have replaced you may have saved them ( short pause while I search for calculator) 19,250PLN.

It is best to target the companies with more expensive windscreens, coaches are my favourite with many front screens costing in excess of £1,000 or 5500PLN.
sglass

Post by sglass »

Screenman I've learned a lot from your posts but 3 bigest buses fleets in area of 150km are about 100 buses and they have own equipment for repairs. But im on the chase, fingers X.
Have nice the rest of weekend.

Tomas