wsr business for sale

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

rock chip rich forum

Post by Anonymous »

Is their a web site for listings of wsr businesses for sale?
I am looking for a repair only, home based business to buy in a southern, coastal, warm climate city of at least 100,000 population (aggregate). NORTHERN Arizona, Central and Northern California, Oregon.
NO FRANCHISES, please.
Anonymous

wsr business for sale

Post by Anonymous »

Why don't you just buy a kin and start your own?
Or you looking to buy someone's clientell and pre set up insurance billing?
I have heard that Arizona is not a good place for repair only shops. because the state requires the insurance companies to make it free for replacements, so most people will just have it replaced and not repaired. Just my thoughts, Good luck.. Where are you moving from that has a rough climate?
Anonymous

Re: wsr business for sale

Post by Anonymous »

I have been repairing windshields in the Denver area for 5 years having worked for Safelite Repair Medics, where I was "introduced" to w/s repair and Novus (where I was truly trained and become skilled at the art). I have been on my own for a year and a half using Glass Technology 20/20 equipment that I am happy with.
My family and I want to relocate to a warmer climate. Even though Denver is one of the biggest glass replacement markets in the country, I do not like working out in the cold of winter and am looking for a moderate climate where it is warm outside 10-11 months of the year.
It is curious why you never see any internet listings for wsr businesses for sale or, for that matter, help wanted ads for repair technicians.
I would like to find one with an already established customer base of fleet and commercial customers as well as retail customers. I would much rather invest in this for a "turn key" business than give money to the franchisors. Name recognition may count for something, but in my experience I am not aware of any that give adequate return in the form of REAL advertising and promotion for the amount of their franchise fees and royalties. For all that, you can spend the money to either
start from scratch or buy out someone who is ready to retire or whatever.
Anonymous

reply to OGR

Post by Anonymous »

Are you selling your business in Denver?
Anonymous

Re: reply to OGR

Post by Anonymous »

Gary, how much are you willing to pay for a mobile Repair business in Southern AZ.?
Anonymous

Repair for sale

Post by Anonymous »

Not much I'm afraid, since I'm not interested in that particular area. I would consider Northern Arizona, ie, Flaggstaff, however.

If you will allow me to respond to OGR's question, A member of my family will be taking over my Denver business when I have relocated.

A general rule of thumb to evaluate a "service" business is to average gross revenues for at least a 3 years (5 is better) along with an audit of the books and customer base, then with 1 years average income plus the physical assets should equate to an agreeable sales price.

So the short answer to your question is, it is not what I am willing to pay but how much, based on the above, is the business worth?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Be careful what you wish for... Flagstaff is as cold as Denver in the winter.
Anonymous

flagstaff

Post by Anonymous »

Flaggstaff doesn't have the required population density either.
It seems like there isn't going to be any response to my original question, so I'm altering my stategy to making a list of the towns that would be suitable, then looking up and contacting the businesses in those towns to find out what is on the market.
Grace, FYI, your consistently insightful and intelligent input to this and the other forum has been helpful and appreciated, Thank you!
Anonymous

Thanks, Grace

Post by Anonymous »

I live in phoenix and the insurance companys do not just let you replace the glass if you ever get a chip, now if you have full glass coverage then you can get it replaced but you pay extra on your car insurance for it. so far in 12 years both my wife and I have had the windshields replaced one time each in our vehicles.
If I had the full coverage I would be out 6000.00 for the extra coverage, now I've only been out 250.00 total.