PDR training, learning curve.

Discuss all aspects of paintless dent repair, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
classglassrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by classglassrepair »

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would pop in and read some of the posts here.
I have been wanting to learn PDR for about 2 years now and I just cant get my lazy friend to do it! He is pretty good, been working for 7 years now I think, and has had some really profitable seasons. He tells me that to get good it takes a good 2 or 3 years. I can believe it, because I have gone on the road with him to a large fleet account he had and there are always somethings that are different. Unlike WSR where the breaks can only vary in a handful of ways. The repairs are approached in a basic way each time. In your experiences how long did it take to get profficient enough to work and earn money doing it?

Thanks,
Dustin
Class Glass Repair
We Fix Glass With Class!
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

government bids

Post by Coitster »

Thats a good question. It depends on what you are doing. I takes really about 6 months to become good in my opinion in you are doing hail. The reason for that is you are pushing dents from Sun-up to Sun-down non stop. You get much more experiance in a shorter amount of time. If you are just doing door dings probably about 2 years. You aren't pushing as many dents when you just do door dings. However the flip side of it is, if you are doing door dings you are probably working on bigger dents then a hail guy so you get great experiance. I can fly through a bunch of small dents, I am still working on the really big stuff.

I will say this, its a great business with awsome profit potential. If you can get into it and can dedicate practice time, then by all means do it.
David
Coitster
Glass