WTB: LR style umbrella

Got something to sell? Post it here!
pickmaster60

Re: WTB: LR style umbrella

Post by pickmaster60 »

Thanks for explaining the use of the umbrella. I think that it is more beneficial to use a bubble dome and here is why.
1. It blocks 99% of the UV rays
2. It has weather stripping which will block the rain
3. It adheres to the glass with 3 or 5 suction cups
4. You can put a damp or dry towel over the dome to absorb the sunlight and keep everything inside of the dome cool.
5. Windshield repair is a quick process so why should we worry about staying cool ;)
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

Good to hear USMC68.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

The purpose of the Shade is not to keep the UV off but to cool half of the windshield down to a controllable temp...
Been using this style for 15 + years.
The umbrella is not mounted over the impact but to what ever side it needs to be mounted to so it can shade your work area far enough that is will not flex the glass.
Keep using your dome to try to cool down your work area pickmaster60 and I will keep using my Shade and wrap a towel around my injector.
Roo, you are saying you have wind gusts. Don't you hear or see them coming? We have dustdevils out here that come up from know were or you can see and hear them coming in. I just collapse the umbrella till it is over then continue and I have only lost two or three umbrella tops in all them years. If it is to windy I just do not use it.( we also get winds that average from 25- 40 with gusts as high as 50 -72) I can also point the umbrella into the wind and it will stay put.
Just Chippen Away
Ricersux
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Ricersux »

Since everyone that has the umbrella raves about it and it doesn't appear anyone wants to sell theirs I decided to just order it. :D

I am wanting this umbrella for its shading abilities....I will still use my UV shield while doing repairs outside. I plan on getting a UV Dome in the near future as I think it would be VERY beneficial in the winter to help "hold" the warm are I blow (hair dryer) around the break.
-Eric
CLEARVU INC.
Indianapolis, Indiana
noname

Post by noname »

I used the LR umbrella for advertizing rather then providing shade. I would suction cup it to the windshield of my van in shopping mall parking lots. The suction cup works great but should be reseated every couple of hours. The umbrellas are great for getting prospects attention but if you live in a windy city like I do they don't last long, I've switched to beach umbrellas, they last longer but also should be considered disposable.
the wayniac

Post by the wayniac »

pickmaster60 wrote:What is the purpose of the umbrella :?:
My question exactly.
the wayniac

Post by the wayniac »

Saw the answer, sorry didn't read enough...my bad.
WW973

Post by WW973 »

the wayniac wrote:
pickmaster60 wrote:What is the purpose of the umbrella :?:
My question exactly.
ITS THERE FOR ADVERTISING :ugeek: MAINLY GUYS
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
usmc68

Post by usmc68 »

Cool the ws, you, advertise, and you still need to use an uv protector. A great tool to add. Pays for itself in 3-4 repairs