American Windshield Repair Kits

Got something to sell? Post it here!
u2ricardo

American Windshield Repair Kits

Post by u2ricardo »

Does anyone have an opinion on the brand "American Windshield Repair Kits"? They seem reputable and easy to use. Thank you.
Dr.Chipster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: American Windshield Repair Kits

Post by Dr.Chipster »

I bought two kits from them when I got back into the windshield repair business 5 years ago. I like them for bulls-eye breaks. Anything else I am reaching for my Delta Kits Bridge, which by the way is always my first option. The American tools are my backups. IMO, if you can afford it, go Delta Kits. Easy to use products, great resin, and awesome customer service and support. You'll make your money back in a hurry if you get out and hustle.
pickmaster60

Post by pickmaster60 »

A while back I hired a technician who had a lot of experience on their equipment. He would always try to convert me over to it so I decided to try it out one day. As we all know every system has its pros and cons but this had too many cons compared to Delta Kits and when I called in to ask questions there wasn't any tech support, nor was there any tech videos on their website or youtube. I tried some of the resin but it was very low quality with a loud odor. I let my technician use the DKI system and at first he didn't like it because it wasn't flip level so I traded in a b300 for the b200 and now that is all he uses and he notices that his repair quality is much better on this equipment.
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

You are right, there is a learning curve with the American System. You pretty much are in control of the repair process. I have cracked out a few windshields using there system. Like said, they are great for bulls-eye breaks not much else IMO. Delta Kits resins are far superior. I even had a customer notice the difference when I switched over to the Deta Bridge and resins. Better results everytime.
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

Delta kits has a new bridge with flip lever design now.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

I wouldn't call the flip lever new but yes we do have one.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
noname

Post by noname »

For the price I paid $279 for a basic kit I would say that the bridge works well with excellent results better I think then the quick fix bridge which is all stainless steel construction. Overall I would say I'm very satisfied with the American bridge and kit. If the delta bridge works so well I would like to see my repairs then.
WW973

Post by WW973 »

noname wrote:For the price I paid $279 for a basic kit I would say that the bridge works well with excellent results better I think then the quick fix bridge which is all stainless steel construction. Overall I would say I'm very satisfied with the American bridge and kit. If the delta bridge works so well I would like to see my repairs then.

ummmm quick fixx sells the american kits they work together
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
WRE_INSAGENT

Post by WRE_INSAGENT »

I've used the same type of bridge for the ten years I've been repairing windshields. I specifically us the TriGlass bridge. I have fixed tens of thousands of chips and only have had one run on me. The rest have been repaired perfectly.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Ten of thousands of repairs and all perfect, now that is something I could not achieve that is for sure.

As for the Delta bridge that is so good, I have one here and it rocks it will be the one I grab first from now on.