Mobile windshield repair business for sale

Got something to sell? Post it here!
rockchip

Mobile windshield repair business for sale

Post by rockchip »

Its time to retire . My wife said i could. For the last 23 years we have ran a successful repair service in Southern Callifornia. We specialize in large feet accounts plus a few car dealers. Our primary client base is comprised of fortune 500 companies that require bi-weekly attention. For 22 years we advertized in the yellow pages with great success . Last year we cancelled the adds but sill get a large amount of calls. Free money is good.

Business is good . I stay busy 5 - 6 days aweek . I was a franchise trainer for a few years . This business is easy to learn and is lots of fun . My wife was a VP of marketing when i met her. She quit her job and we both did this for five years. We enjoyed it . I wear a nice company shirt and khaki shorts even on sales days. Its sunny here most of the time.

For the guys that already do this, what i'm saying is nothing new . Your the boss ,its yours to make it grow even larger

For sale is everything. All of our clients and contacts. They trust me to turn it over to a good guy/gal. All equipment. All accounting software(very easy) MY PHONE plus the 3 numbers that go with it. Who ever answers it will make good $$. My vehicle (separate deal) will also make you money . They know it and expect to see it every week.

Free training . All you need to get up and running.

Price = 30000 Or best offer

Looking to expand ( get help) your existing windshield repair business ? Or are you looking to start a new business?

Please pm me . Thanks rockchip
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Mobile windshield repair business for sale

Post by Frank EU »

I really wish you good luck selling the business. The problem with this sort of home based businesses is: there is not a lot of value in it, And it appears to me that especially our trade is becoming pretty useless. I would never pay anything for a one man band WSR business. If you stop, you stop. Why paying for customers?1 Your competitors will jump on the opportunity and get the work/customers for free. And that starts as soon as your business is on the market.

There will only be some (or even substantial) value if you have a real nice business, and it will add a lot of value if you are part of a larger thing.
For instance a franchise network. But ''independent'' repair only guys, with no shop, staff, network etc. will never see the real money. The money just won't be good. Most folks never thought really about their future, jumped into this because the tools were not all that expensive, it was easy to learn so here we are.
But the reality is: they didn't invest to join ''something'' and will be very disappointed when they wind up/close down/sell their business.

Again: good luck.
rockchip

Post by rockchip »

Hey frank,

I respect your opinion. Pool services (routes) get sold every day. I bought a w/s repair service in dallas tx 17 years
ago and had 8 employees . I did very well .

Its a package. The fleet accounts will use who i put in there. No question
t4k

Post by t4k »

I purchased my w/s repair company 11 years ago. It came with 15 fleet customers and an instant cash flow. It was a great idea for me who had children and needed more stability than trying to start a business from scratch.

To each his own.....
t4k

Post by t4k »

I forgot to add....I am a "one man band company" and I love it. No baby sitting of hired help.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

for the ones that do not know how to sell them selves this would be a good deal. They are trained the way the fleets want the accounts serviced and the stick is handed off with know down time to the fleet account and the new owner is in a built in business. They paid up front to get running instead of working up the accounts...

loyalty from the fleet to the new owner should be a must for the money put out... In writing... that would make it easier for one to hand out the cash.
Just Chippen Away
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I'm with you t4k. I've done it both ways more than once and found that I am much better at taking an existing business and growing it than I am at starting one from scratch because I am far better at customer service than I am at sales. It's up to rockchip to prove the value to potential buyers. When I sold my glass shop I was told by more than one competitor that it was worth nothing, but I got what I wanted for it and believe the new owners got a good deal considering how long it took my family to get it built up to that point. If I were to buy a business today you would have to convince me that I could make the monthly payment, assuming I needed a loan, and still put a few bucks in my pocket, similar to buying a home to rent out. The owner provided training is also a key factor to a smooth transition in my opinion. Frank is right about it being difficult to sell blue sky, but it happens every day. Just look at Internet business that consist of nothing but a computer and a customer base.

This business is no different than any other. Some will make good money and others will starve. We have customers who just started this year and already have a number of employees and multiple locations and/or mobile units. The are doing better in one year than I ever did! We also have customers who are still struggling after several years of working their butts off, and of course some who throw in the towel after a very short time.

There is more competition than there was when I started, but there are also far more resources to draw from, and far more awareness of the service we provide. Is it better or worse business than it was then? That all depends on who you ask. Good luck rockchip!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
jramay

Post by jramay »

I'd like to talk to you about your business for sale, but since I don't have 10 posts yet I can't email you directly, so I had the moderator kgobin send you my email address.
rockchip

Post by rockchip »

Thank you all for the replys and interest. We have sold the business. This forum helped make the connection.

Update : We sold the house and the business and we are on are way out of California.

Thanks again zrock
Greenergy, llc

Post by Greenergy, llc »

Hey Rockchip,

I saw your thread about selling your WRS business and I wanted to ask you a few questions. I understand you have sold the business, but I was hoping you could give me a little advice on the WRS business. Specifically, problems I might run into with providing mobile repair. I just register here so I can't PM you.

Thanks