For Sale: EZK-121 Windshield Repair System

Got something to sell? Post it here!
scrubs147

For Sale: EZK-121 Windshield Repair System

Post by scrubs147 »

For Sale: EZK-121 Windshield Repair System, Double Bridge Professional, 12V, used very little. $800 or BO (plus shipping). Can ship anywhere within the lower 48 US States. {Phone number removed by moderator}
SMITHY
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: For Sale: EZK-121 Windshield Repair System

Post by SMITHY »

scrubs147 wrote:For Sale: EZK-121 Windshield Repair System, Double Bridge Professional, 12V, used very little. $800 or BO (plus shipping). Can ship anywhere within the lower 48 US States. {Phone number removed by moderator}
Why are you selling your items? Did the business not work out as planned?
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair
scrubs147

Post by scrubs147 »

Business is actually going pretty well, however I mainly do high end auto detailing and get very few calls on the windshield repairs. It appears that "Safelite" has this territory wrapped up. I did get a few accounts with "QuickFixx", but they (for whatever reason) have stopped calling me completely. I suppose I could always get into the other networks but at this time I have chosen to get back into my old career.

With the automotive & RV detailing I am getting worn out... I am a very healthy & fit 55 year old with a body that doesn't behave the way it used to 20 years ago. My profits are lower than average as I have only been in this business for less than two years. However, I have built an impressive customer base within the two years with an outstanding reputation for myself. I have pretty much ran out of capital to maintain the business when things get slow. There are very good weeks and then there are those weeks that you have to simply hit the streets hard for new customers which brings your average income down.

Even though that average is slowly building, I am simply getting physically tired. My wife doesn't have any health insurance (I have Veterans) so I am getting back into over he road truck driving where the pay is better and we have insurance.

There is nothing wrong with the kit in fact I have new resin I recently purchased.
SMITHY

Post by SMITHY »

scrubs147 wrote:Business is actually going pretty well, however I mainly do high end auto detailing and get very few calls on the windshield repairs. It appears that "Safelite" has this territory wrapped up. I did get a few accounts with "QuickFixx", but they (for whatever reason) have stopped calling me completely. I suppose I could always get into the other networks but at this time I have chosen to get back into my old career.

With the automotive & RV detailing I am getting worn out... I am a very healthy & fit 55 year old with a body that doesn't behave the way it used to 20 years ago. My profits are lower than average as I have only been in this business for less than two years. However, I have built an impressive customer base within the two years with an outstanding reputation for myself. I have pretty much ran out of capital to maintain the business when things get slow. There are very good weeks and then there are those weeks that you have to simply hit the streets hard for new customers which brings your average income down.

Even though that average is slowly building, I am simply getting physically tired. My wife doesn't have any health insurance (I have Veterans) so I am getting back into over he road truck driving where the pay is better and we have insurance.

There is nothing wrong with the kit in fact I have new resin I recently purchased.
I certainly hope that is not the case, here in KC. Safelite has 8 branches in my area. Then I have Kryger glass with five branches and Binswanger with five too. Worried about it just starting up. Then I my application just got denied by Lynx and Allstate for not paying what is it.....$300 for a certifictation. Seems like they have an affilliation with the National organizations to make force you into joining.
Jeff Smith-Owner
A + Windshield Repair
scrubs147

Post by scrubs147 »

Every network wants to make sure that you have all the necessary credentials and for good reason. The problem with these networks is that they seem to have a lot of favoritism. I see a lot of safelite vehicles in and out of this area daily... we are a small town. When I first started with QuickFixx, Chris informed me that I would be getting more and more jobs through them. At first things seemed to be going that way and then they actually became less and less (promises, promises).

Even though I do not solely depend on WSRs', I do expect to be handed action followed by words, and for those who fall very short of such a reliance are nothing more than a politician.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

There are far better ways of getting work than just waiting for the phone to ring, be proactive not inactive, get out and find customers the vehicles with no glass cover are the best customers I find.

Scrubs, can I ask hourly rate wise which would be the best for you, a windshield say takes 30 minutes at $50 that is $100 per hour, can detailing bring in that much?
scrubs147

Post by scrubs147 »

I haven't really pushed the windshield repair part of the business as it was more of an add-on. I pushed the detailing part of the business and that was taking off great, and by the way, that is up for sale also. My average for the mobile auto detailing was around $30/hour. If things took a little less time than you would make a little less. The business which was setup as a part time adventure made $20K a year and it was growing rapidly. I simply ran out of capital, my wife needs health insurance so I am putting everything up for sale.

I agree, you should not wait by the phone, but get out and push the business as hard as you can which is what I did. Within a year's time the business went from making $9K in a 6 month period to a little over $20K withing the following year... keep in mind that I was doing this part time. Basically I couldn't keep up with the physical demands of the business as I was washing/waxing RVs (3 in one week), up to 5 cars a day while trying to establish a wall mural business - I'm tired. Something has to go so I am moving away from the more physical demanding part as my body gets closer to retiring, and moving towards the less stressful areas in life.

My wife also has a business as well... basically I think we both need to get a life together for a change!
WW973

Post by WW973 »

scrubs147 wrote:Every network wants to make sure that you have all the necessary credentials and for good reason. The problem with these networks is that they seem to have a lot of favoritism. I see a lot of safelite vehicles in and out of this area daily... we are a small town. When I first started with QuickFixx, Chris informed me that I would be getting more and more jobs through them. At first things seemed to be going that way and then they actually became less and less (promises, promises).

Even though I do not solely depend on WSRs', I do expect to be handed action followed by words, and for those who fall very short of such a reliance are nothing more than a politician.
Well did you want everyone to just give u money u gotta go get it buddy and if your a go getter then u can get money from quick fixx i currently get 6-8 jobs a day from quick fixx and sell about 20 jobs a week nevermind my cash jobs and warrentee service jobs ooh yea and by the way my iso is 162-00 and im getting your location for free thanks for paying for it ur a dud shouldnt have been so lazy and you coulda made some money
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
scrubs147

Post by scrubs147 »

WW973 wrote:Well did you want everyone to just give u money u gotta go get it buddy and if your a go getter then u can get money from quick fixx i currently get 6-8 jobs a day from quick fixx and sell about 20 jobs a week nevermind my cash jobs and warrentee service jobs ooh yea and by the way my iso is 162-00 and im getting your location for free thanks for paying for it ur a dud shouldnt have been so lazy and you coulda made some money
You're the type of person I would enjoy meeting in person.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

looks like this could get ugly!