Headlight restoration?

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
chips1144

Re: Headlight restoration?

Post by chips1144 »

Has anyone experience with GTs Diamond Clear Headlight system?.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

GT's system is called PLOYHOG,,. I have one and like it. the only thing I do not like is the compoind and there version of sealing the lense. Tey use PLEXUS and that is a verry short term protecter.. I now use it and the sanding discs for the hard jobs to cut the hard deposit.

I use the dvelip for most everything else.. It is nice to have a chioce depending on how bad the lights are.....

The customers like it also when you open up the back of your truck and it is full of diffeant systems... They think you know what you are doing then..... (Come on now, that is a joke ;) )

Don D.
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

GT, I watched the video and the compound looked messy,(Lots of masking) but that didnt bother me as long as the compound does the job.
I must admit the 10 minute claim impressed me, were you repairing them in 10 minutes?.

Thanks for your opinion on the Clear, I need something that will hold up and most people like the Devlup, I have some bright solutions clear that seems to work too.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Chips1144

I will say I tryed Bright sulutions Good, Not good as Dvelup. GT, Messy, Yes, 10 min.s, NOT! I averaged 60 per car.
Please stop looking around and just buy the DVELUP. We all have been using them all and most all of us bought Dvelup but one bought IPS. The Dvelup has the sealer that is needed to restore your lights.

From FL. To CA. We are standing behind them....

I do like GT for some things, Bright Solutions for some, No chance to try IPS.
Down the road you may have them all to try and use them for what thay are good for for you.

Don
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

There is no way to do a set of headlights "properly" if there is substancial damage in 10 mins.I have been doing them for over 2 years here in the Deep south and we have very bad uv damage here.Save your time and aggrevation and get the Dvelup slicker sealer.When you "think " that you have a good job with the others just apply the Dvelup sealer and then you will be amazed how much better they turn out.
GTECH

Post by GTECH »

gt_repair
do you have any before/after pic' to see how DVELUP product results look like.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Gtech

I will get them out later. The camera is in the truck....

Chips1144

You have been asking about H/L restoring sence April and the way I look at it, We all have been telling you to look at Dvelup ever sence then and you have not dones so yet from what I can see...... How much money have you possably lost out on so far.... ?

Don D.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

I hope thes go through.

GTECH
Lets see what you have also.

For the ones that do not do H/L's, maybe what we do may convince them to get into this also.

I have a 25 page picture book put together to show before and after pics so the customer can see what they should looks like when done. Great selling point... I had my Printing company put together some books that I drop off at my perferd shops I do bussiness with to help promote what I do. It was worth the expence.

It is good that you have pics of a car your customer is having looked at. All I do is show them their auto in a book so they can see it before it is done. All in time I will have most all makes in the book.
Attachments
100_0158.JPG
100_0158.JPG (77.88 KiB) Viewed 180 times
100_0153.JPG
100_0153.JPG (78.24 KiB) Viewed 179 times
100_0163.JPG
100_0163.JPG (78.92 KiB) Viewed 181 times
100_0161.JPG
100_0161.JPG (80.39 KiB) Viewed 181 times
100_0218.JPG
100_0218.JPG (59.92 KiB) Viewed 184 times
100_0212.JPG
100_0212.JPG (56.34 KiB) Viewed 184 times
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

gt_repair;27651 wrote:I hope thes go through.

GTECH
Lets see what you have also.

For the ones that do not do H/L's, maybe what we do may convince them to get into this also.

I have a 25 page picture book put together to show before and after pics so the customer can see what they should looks like when done. Great selling point... I had my Printing company put together some books that I drop off at my perferd shops I do bussiness with to help promote what I do. It was worth the expence.

It is good that you have pics of a car your customer is having looked at. All I do is show them their auto in a book so they can see it before it is done. All in time I will have most all makes in the book.
Nice ...............How much to print up book??
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

If I remember right. I had 15 booklets put together for 300.00.

What I did was have 6 pics per auto: on the left page (page 1 back) I would have a full front of the lights and grill on the top half, and the bottom of the page had the closeup of the left and right stacked on top of each other. These are the before pics.

Then on the right page (page 2 front) I would have the same pics of after shot. That way they can open any page and see any auto of before and after without flipping pages.

The first page (page 1 Front) is the title page with a clear coversheet.

Just keep adding pics and pages as you see fit. It took me a while to get 25 autos worth posting in the booklet.

I like switching back and forth with easy ones then a little worst and lighten it up, then go to a worst one and back to a light one then get uglyer and so one. But make sure the worst set is in the center pages before you loose there attention. Their face says a lot as they look though the booklet.

I hope this explaned good enough for what I did.

Don D