Wet/Dry Saning Discs

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
gt_repair

Re: Wet/Dry Saning Discs

Post by gt_repair »

Dvelip has a starter kit that can be used for 3 cars. It is a hand system, and you can get there DVD for training also.... They will show you how to use there system by power and by hand.....

I think you may be impressed with their system....

Don D.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

I called JEBSON before I bought there grinder sander with varable trigger and they told me that they make the grinder / sander and sell it to MILLwakee, it is just in a differant colored case. I hope that will help you in your pickings...

Don D.
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Thanks DON, very informative.
mrchip

Post by mrchip »

if you went with IPS they use a jepson ..you can get a trigger and make it a variable speed ..where do you live?..training is always good to have and the investment is low..you can make money back very quickly..l
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

I remember reading your post about making the variable controller for your
Jepson, I see Makita make a polisher/ sander its 600prm and variable up to 1200rpm, not sure if that would work or not.

Im all for the training, I know its really the way to go, I live in Oregon, its a
long way just for headlights.

Thanks again.
GTECH

Post by GTECH »

IPS has a variable speed jepson, they are not expensive, it is worth the extra bucks to pay for quality tools that you need to depend on in the field.
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Quality, I couldnt agree more.

I didnt know the Jepson was variable, I see it at GT for only $129, I figured that I couldnt buy it from IPS seperate or without training.

Thanks again.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Chips1144
The Jepson at GT is Varable, You do not have to modify it like the one that mrchip says he modifiied.
I went to there site and they have 2 kinds to pick from. They have the 3605K and the 3605VK. I am sure that GT is selling the VK version. Like I said, I did not have to convert mine over..When and if you call GT ask them. I looked at the pic from GT and did see the V trigger. You can tell by seeing the black V ajuster on the the trigger. The polisher did say 3605k on it, They may have converted it there....

just ask and you will know..

Don D.
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Don...

I did notice that little black buton on the trigger, Believe me before I buy I will check that its variable... If I read the Jepson web site corrct it will go from 0-2600rpm, thats very good.

I see all the foam heads for this Jepson but is it easy to find a hook and loop backing pad that would fit this model so I could use it for sanding as well as polishing.

Thanks for all your Info...
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Don...

Forget my last question I see Jepson offer a velcro backing pad...

Id been seriously thinking Makita but this is $50 cheaper and looks well made... Terrific...