Headlight Restoration

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
lordstanley13

Headlight Restoration

Post by lordstanley13 »

Merry Christmas all!! I have a couple quick questions.

I recently got into Windshield Repair this year and it has supplemented my full time jobs income just fine. But I was also looking into adding a couple more features to my business.

I was wondering if there is alot of business out there for headlight restoration and I was also wondering what are the best kits to purchase for it. Also, last but not least...... What are the usual going rates for restoring headlights????

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Rich
Metropolitan Windshield Repair.
harrellbenjamin

Re: Headlight Restoration

Post by harrellbenjamin »

lordstanley13;27806 wrote:Merry Christmas all!! I have a couple quick questions.

I recently got into Windshield Repair this year and it has supplemented my full time jobs income just fine. But I was also looking into adding a couple more features to my business.

I was wondering if there is alot of business out there for headlight restoration and I was also wondering what are the best kits to purchase for it. Also, last but not least...... What are the usual going rates for restoring headlights????

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Rich

Metropolitan Windshield Repair.
Its all here on these threads.Just read and learn
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

we been beating this up a drilling it in with another tech for the past few months... Good Reading.

My fingers at dead from this subject.......

I will help with something if you all have something new to ask....

If you went to high skool you had to read to find what you were researching, It is nit any differant in the real world.

Again Good reading.

Don D.
lordstanley13

Post by lordstanley13 »

That would be great to read, but there is one slight problem... I only see one thread on here and it isnt the subject that I asked....
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

lordstanley13;27822 wrote:That would be great to read, but there is one slight problem... I only see one thread on here and it isnt the subject that I asked....
Check your display options. There are 7 threads and over 150 posts in the Headlight Restoration forum.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Well Brent.
It looks like I am not the only one with a low defult... Can you from your end set all veiws at a higher defult? Making the defult lets say 2 wks or 2 months? Whar is the defult anyway?

Don D.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

You just need to go to User CP on the top left side of your main forum screen, a couple of lines below the Delta Kits logo. That will take you to your own personal control panel. From there click on edit options, and scroll down until you see Thread Display Options. You can then modify your Default Thread Cut Off. I just leave mine on Show All Threads. There are some other options there that you may want to play with.

Frankly I'm not sure what the forum default is as I am still learning myself. Most forum users seem to get along pretty well with the defaults or they spend a few minutes playing with the options to get everything set the way they want it, so I think I will leave the defaults alone for now.

Also at the bottom left of the individual forum screen you should see a box that says display options. There you can change the way your display appears for that particular forum.

Hope this helps.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.