Headlight temp

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
gt_repair

Headlight temp

Post by gt_repair »

Ok, I found another selling point on the headlights....... Strease cracks from all the heat built up from the milky looking lights..

I did not brother in laws car over the holidays and I took one of them point and click temp toys. I let the lights warm up before I restored them and took the temp, Then I restored them and retook the temp again and the temp went UP by 10 - 13 deg.... The temp out side was the same the whole time in the shade.

My brother in law was even impressed on that note... He drive back to L.A. Cal. and is now trying to line up work for me. I am in AZ...... He thinks he can have the lights removed from a car from a auto shop, ship them down to me in AZ, restore them and return them back...... NOT, 2 week turn around unless they want next day air $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ again NOT. I told him to get into it but I can see he will not make the time. It will cut into his sleep time.

Sorry, I drifted

check it out for your self on the temp and see what you get...

Don D.
Chips-B-Gone

Re: Headlight temp

Post by Chips-B-Gone »

gt_repair;28074 wrote:Ok, I found another selling point on the headlights....... Strease cracks from all the heat built up from the milky looking lights..

Don, Let's take this a step further in reguard to stress cracks in the lense. The material that the lense is made up of is naturally porous (I read it somewhere). Without a good top coat (damage UV layer) along with stress cracks moisture can be allowed in thru the lens allowing the lens to actually fog up inside. Enough moisture inside the lens can also lead to premature bulb failure.:eusa_doh: Just a thought....I have those from time to time.