like to start

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
tracy5963

like to start

Post by tracy5963 »

Would Like to Start HR. With so much on the net . Can anyone direct me in the direction of a good system to do Quality restoration. I would Like to offer it to my Fleet accounts .
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: like to start

Post by GlassStarz »

you are already there call delta
Chips be-gone

Post by Chips be-gone »

You have 3 major companies out there. Glass Technology's " Poly Hog", Dvelup System, And then Delta.

GT has been out there for about 5 or 6 years. It cost a little more, but it is a differant style of system. A+
Dvelup has been out there a long time also. Most of us that has been out here doing this for a while use that system. A+
Delta has come up with their kit after a lot of us did a lot of talking on the site and thought it was time to get on the wagon also. Never used their kit, but is packaged lot one of the other systems.
NWPhotog

Post by NWPhotog »

Also a total beginner probably needs a system. A person willing to do a little digging can piece it together for much less.
GTECH

Post by GTECH »

tracy5963,
if you want to get the correct training and the best system,and products Dave will not leade you in the wrong direction, it is IPS. if you are going to do it do it right, you can contact me if you need more help.

Good Luck
gtech
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Hi gtech, I can fully agree to go with IPS. Some others are just a copy of their system, but do not even come close. On a different subject; what a funny website you have, we couldn't get access and needed a pass word.....what's up?
NWPhotog

Post by NWPhotog »

Interesting. The consensus on the forum is that Dvelop has the best system and that most of the techs actually piece their own together. Two votes in a row for IPS? Seems a little fishy. :D
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

The fact that I am all for the IPS system is simply because I have experience with it and I can support/advice ''how to use it and solve problems'' which I cannot with other HL systems (since I do not own all of the systems that are available and have not been trained >so why would I have an opinion?). Also, just so you know, I used to work together with Dave (owner of IPS) and I understand the ''how and why''. However, this is a free world and you make your own decisions aren't you? Go where you are going to get proper support and if possible; a training.
t4k

Post by t4k »

I pieced together my own "system" and I am please with the results as are all of my customers, wholesale and retail. With that being said, I am sure there are some very nice systems out there if you are willing to pay for them. If you are willing to spend the time to review the older posts under the H.L. section you find all the information you need to piece together a nice system that will produce great results at a fraction of the cost of some of the prepackaged H. L. systems.
NWPhotog

Post by NWPhotog »

Frank EU wrote:The fact that I am all for the IPS system is simply because I have experience with it and I can support/advice ''how to use it and solve problems'' which I cannot with other HL systems (since I do not own all of the systems that are available and have not been trained >so why would I have an opinion?). Also, just so you know, I used to work together with Dave (owner of IPS) and I understand the ''how and why''. However, this is a free world and you make your own decisions aren't you? Go where you are going to get proper support and if possible; a training.
Training for HL restoration? Are you serious? This isn't rocket science! ;)