Headlight fogged at 41 degrees

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
hungry&fat

Re: Headlight fogged at 41 degrees

Post by hungry&fat »

Thats good to hear. Thats what customer service should be like. Look what you got in return for it! Congrats!
CMG

Post by CMG »

I just happened to read your post. I'm fairly sure that your problem is blushing which, is caused by high humidity. This tends to happem when the humidity is high or even in hot temperatures. usually a heat gun or heat will pull it out. can't promise but you can try it. You may also want to heat the lens before applying the clear so that you don't have such a drastic change in temp from the natural temp to the heat of the heat gun.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

Thanks for that information CMG ! I will try that the next time it happens. I carry a blow dryer with me most of the time.
HW Miles

Post by HW Miles »

Brent Deines wrote:I have a pop up canopy similar to this that I can set up by myself in just a couple of minutes. It's not a perfect solution In a tight parking lot or if you don't have keys to the car, but in Oregon you can't always wait for for a sunny day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqnpWwf_aPA

With the proper graphics a pop up canopy also generates a fair amount of interest in what you are doing.
Are others using a pop up tent/ canopy to work on a rainy day? I am afraid our Texas wind would toss it to the next county. Is there a way to anchor it down on a paved lot?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

There are various types of leg weights that help but I'm not sure how much wind it would take to pick up a tent weight and all. There are also a lot of different styles of anchors that can be used on concrete but all that I have seen require drilling one or more holes so they are only useful for semi-permanent locations and then only with the owner's permission. Not practical for a mobile technician traveling from home to home. A valid concern in many parts of the country for sure.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Old Blue 66

Post by Old Blue 66 »

Your problem was that there must have been moisture on the lens. A cloudy day and they look bad but on a sunny day they dont? The sun dried the lens. Ive had that happen to me a few times but I started using 99.9% pure alcohol and it never happened again.
Paul Weinstein