What kit works for you?

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
jhickman1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

What kit works for you?

Post by jhickman1 »

Hey ya'll, I am looking at adding HLR to my WSR business and I see many different brands of HLR kits. I am just wondering which one works for you? Do you use a conglomeration of tools or one kit? What kind of sander do you like? I did some searching in the forum and saw where people talk about one brand over another when it comes to sandpaper or whatever but never the whole kit, and most of those posts were old. I know these types of things are always changing so I want to know whats best right now. So let me know what you use or have used and the pros or cons of it. Thanks -Justin
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
candyman

Re: What kit works for you?

Post by candyman »

Good morning. I've used several orbital sanders. I prefer the newer Griot. It holds up, easy to control and not very expensive. I have a DA 1020 F for Hard to do Headlights. It saves me time and pads. That sander on sale is about $206. I liked the makita but it didnt hold up. I owned 3 of them and each had a short life spand. I still use DK products for HLR. The infiniti 4.1 is the choice by many. You should have my number. Call me sometime and Look at the post. Have a good week.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Thats a DA3010F :
jhickman1

Post by jhickman1 »

Question: Everyone on here talks about the G-R-O-I-T-S sander and when I search I come up with G-R-I-O-T-S sander.... is this the same?
J. Hickman
Liberty Auto Glass
Fayetteville, NC
candyman

Post by candyman »

Look on DK web site or griots.com