Greetings

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
detaildoc
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Greetings

Post by detaildoc »

I have been using the Delta windshield repair kit for over 15 years on a part time basis. Mostly for friends and vehicles where I worked before I retired with a heart condition. I now have been doing HLR on the side for some friends and want to do it for the public. I called my insurance agent, State Farm and they could not offer insurance.
Are there any companies that would take this on? I do not have a shop and plan to do this mobile from my pickup truck, again State Farm will not do it.

Right now the few I have done for the public I tell them I have enough cash flow to handle any damage plus I have a very well written contract and warranty that they sign. Plus, all of the repairs come out excellent, anything that I feel will give me trouble, I just tell them it is at their own risk and usually have no problem with that.

Thanks for the help.
Old Blue 66

Re: Greetings

Post by Old Blue 66 »

Must be your agent. I have all the business insurance (includes workers comp for two techs) with State Farm. All we do is HLR.
Paul Weinstein
candyman

Post by candyman »

Good morning: Check RLI. I dont have a shop either and I do both WSR & HLR. RLI now offers garage keepers in some states. The cost for me is less than $400 per year.
chipawaymobile

Post by chipawaymobile »

I have my WSR Ins with RLI, so if I add the garage keepers it would cover the HLR too without having to get a different policy?