magna shine seal kote vs infinity 4.1

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
jasonsresin

magna shine seal kote vs infinity 4.1

Post by jasonsresin »

I am relatively new to headlight restoration, being a windshield repair and painless dent guy for quite a while. I just bought some magna shine seal kote in hopes of adding that avenue of revenue to market to existing customers so i can upsell and make a few extra bucks, and maybe even ask a faithful dealer for a few lights on a slow day. have any of you guys used magna shine seal kote? just wondering how well it shines and how long it lasts? also wondering how it might compare to deltas infinity 4.1 in those two departments. anybody used one or both and care to comment i would greatly appreciate it.
thanks,
jason
Old Blue 66
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: magna shine seal kote vs infinity 4.1

Post by Old Blue 66 »

Since this is Deltas forum, you should connect with some one at Delta. Im not familiar with the other coating you're asking about but Im a big believer in Infinity. Ive been using it for three years and I haven't had a car come back to me yet that needs to be redone. After its applied the lens looks fantastic. But like everything else, the quality of your final outcome lies in your restoration process.

I have to let you know that Im not a big fan of WS guys taking on HL's as a side business. Its just as much of a trade as WS replacement and if you dont know the tricks, your quality will not be good. I do HL full time and consider myself to be pretty good at it because I spend all my time figuring out new things to make my process better and faster. You'll never hone your skills as a part timer.

Just my opinion.
Paul Weinstein
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I have tried it and it is a completely different product than either Delta Kits Infinity 4.1 or Delta Kits Coat2Protect. Significant differences between the three products include self leveling properties, durability, scratch hiding capabilities and cost per application. It wouldn't be fair for me to comment on it beyond that due to the fact that I moderate this board so hopefully someone else who has some experience with it will chime in.

I will say that I am personally not a big fan of using foam brushes to apply this or any other headlight coating because they tend to create bubbles and leave streaks in my experience. Even that is personal preference however as I have heard others on this board say they like the foam brushes.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Old Blue 66
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Old Blue 66 »

Brent Deines wrote:I have tried it and it is a completely different product than either Delta Kits Infinity 4.1 or Delta Kits Coat2Protect. Significant differences between the three products include self leveling properties, durability, scratch hiding capabilities and cost per application. It wouldn't be fair for me to comment on it beyond that due to the fact that I moderate this board so hopefully someone else who has some experience with it will chime in.

I will say that I am personally not a big fan of using foam brushes to apply this or any other headlight coating because they tend to create bubbles and leave streaks in my experience. Even that is personal preference however as I have heard others on this board say they like the foam brushes.
Not a fan of foam brushes
Paul Weinstein