I just found quick fixx

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: I just found quick fixx

Post by Brent Deines »

shepardh1 wrote:Safelite charges $15 for faxed claims if you don't have an online account with them. The bureaucratic folks over at Lynx charge $13 for the same. Has anyone gone through the full hassle of getting signed up with Lynx? Are they good once you get signed up? I love Safelite because their online billing is free...
Shepard,

Since I didn't see anyone else answer your question, yes, I think it is worth getting signed up with lynx, but they are still going to pop you with a fax charge if you don't submit your invoices using EDI. There are several services that charge in the $2.00-$2.50 range to submit to Lynx, or if your volume is high enough you can get buy software that will get you down to the $1.00 range. As you said, everything other than Lynx is free.

I personally would not submit claims through any company that was billing my invoices under their own shop ID, but that is a personal choice. I do think it is important to understand the choice you are making however, but find a lot of new technicians don't understand the importance of building your own reputation. We frequently receive calls from technicians who did not realize the billing service they were using was getting credit for the claims, then when they want to get away from that service to lower billing costs they find they have no history with the networks, and therefore do not receive referrals. That's like starting all over again! If you are dealing with an honest company they will disclose the facts when you sign up.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

I am willing to bet that this "Insurance" "How do I bill insurance" ect. is the most talked topic.. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd have to say if not it's pretty darn close... Not that asking these type of questions are a bad thing!! I always say ASK, ASK, ASk!

Maybe we could see some statistics from the forum moderators on what is the most popular or most talked about topic?
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by DryStar »

Michael,

Would you mine explaining the procedure you use to remove moisture in the break? I have visited many car wash, parking lot and gas station operations where they simply showed me a bic lighter that they used on inside of shield. Are you using something different?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

GLASSTIME wrote:I am willing to bet that this "Insurance" "How do I bill insurance" ect. is the most talked topic.. Maybe I'm wrong but I'd have to say if not it's pretty darn close... Not that asking these type of questions are a bad thing!! I always say ASK, ASK, ASk!

Maybe we could see some statistics from the forum moderators on what is the most popular or most talked about topic?
Unfortunately there are a lot of threads on this topic with different names so I can't give you any accurate stats, but it is right up there with what kind of insurance you should have for your company. Both are often mis-understood I think, which causes controversy.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Hey guys, if your happy with QuickFixx I'm happy for you. Hope it workouts for you for in your business.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Guess what? Found a local Quick Fixx operator at a car wash location just outside my service area. I won't mention the location but will give you a follow up after we have a friendly chat in the next few weeks.
chipfixman

Post by chipfixman »

Hey Drystar, what did you find out?
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

chipfixman wrote:Hey Drystar, what did you find out?
Left two voice mails but so far no return calls. I did notice a new Quick Fixx location being listed near his area a few weeks ago. Maybe he's worried about his share of the pie getting smaller? Don't really know.
chipfixman

Post by chipfixman »

I spoke with a rep at quick fixx and as I understand it, everyone operates under their own business. It is a network of technicians. For instance, I will still operate under Chip Fix Man and advertise using my business name.
AmbientTech1

Post by AmbientTech1 »

I've been reading the discussion about Quick Fixx and after looking at their website I can tell they're not for me. I'm new to repairs because I've always been the CSR for my company. I already have a Delta kit and a husband with 20 years experience in replacement/repair to mentor me. I'm wondering what everyone thinks of ACT. The website doesn't seem to tell me what I want to know.