I just found quick fixx

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
u2ricardo

Re: I just found quick fixx

Post by u2ricardo »

You can do that but I think you are over thinking things. The reason referrals are given consistently is like mentioned earlier: quality work, lots of jobs called in (showing a shop or mobile tech can handle many jobs) and good responses sent in by insurance customers after jobs are completed (from follow-up emails sent to customers by insurance companies to check quality of work and service). I only get a few a month but that's because I don't call in very many insurance jobs on my own. When I really start calling in a lot on my own, that's when I will get more referrals because I will have built up confidence for my Quick Fixx location.
WW973
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by WW973 »

SGT wrote:So I would like to know from anyone using Quickfixx if I called up any network and asked for your shop by name would they find you? If so let do a little experiement to verify that. Whos game?

I am not suggesting this is a bad service. I am suggesting you consider all details to be sure it is what your business needs. Consider me a repair tech's advocate if you will becuase I will dig past the hype.
Tru it dosent give out my business info but it brings in refuels lots of them so i like it also they pay out better rates than act and have contracts with more insurance companies than them too in some places they even have state farm waiving deductibles it a good fit for me cause i get good business with out them all they do is hook up extra work 4 me so great fit
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
michaelrockchip

Post by michaelrockchip »

I really don't see the difference if it is my business name contract or Quick Fixx contract. If I wasn't with Quick Fixx I would have to use contracts established by 3rd party vendors (Safelite, Lynx, etc..) anyways if I wanted to do insurance work. So, without Quick Fixx would I be developing my own business name with those 3rd parties? Doesn't make much since because from the sound of it they stay loyal pretty much to themselves anyway.

I think with the many different locations that Quick Fixx has, and a lot more repairs (totaling from the different locations) that Quick Fixx ISO's (like me) do, then together we would have a much bigger pull than I do by myself. And with that pull be able to get more job referrals for me than I could by myself. But, I am not sure, because I never did it by myself. But, from what I have read on this forum, it sounds like the networks..blah blah blah... don't give out many referrals anyways. However as a Quick Fixx ISO, I do operate my own business under my own business name, and I now have a couple people trained that do extra repairs for me. Quick Fixx has worked out good because they track all my jobs online and I can quickly see the jobs that my independent techs (the people I trained) do and pay my techs accordingly.

Just thinking out loud... but, I believe I get a lot more referrals because of my Quick Fixx affiliation than if I were on my own. What are your thoughts?
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by SGT »

I am sure there is value to be had with Quickfixx for those whoose business model it fits well with. If your business does and you like what you get then it is all good. With how happy some are with the volume of referrals that they get, training people to do the work, I am curious just how many jobs are they sending you a week?
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
michaelrockchip

Today is Monday and I did 6 insurance jobs on my own and then did an extra 4 insurance referrals that were sent to me by Quick Fixx.
Roo
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Roo »

michaelrockchip wrote:Today is Monday and I did 6 insurance jobs on my own and then did an extra 4 insurance referrals that were sent to me by Quick Fixx.
WOW! You are 4/4 on promotions per post.
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by DryStar »

Another QuickFixx get QuickRich company (here today...gone tomorrow) I would think by simply reading their ISO contract (which is 3 pages long) it would raise a flag. I read the website info. 3-5 days set up with kit for $700. What training? They don't even list a drystar in products list but do promote top quality repairs. I've done a google search for repairs in my area and they don't even show up...so where are all these referrals coming from? Certainly not from Safelite. They are just another cancer in our profession trying to load up and sell to desperate people. JMHO
u2ricardo

Post by u2ricardo »

You are dead wrong. There has been four people on here who are very satisfied with QF. You don't have to use them but don't knock a company which you have never tried. They have helped me big time. Take the advice/tip or leave it but don't bad mouth a company made up of good people doing good work. They might not be a big company but that doesn't mean they aren't useful.
D2D

Post by D2D »

Mr Fenner has posted what I was thinking about this company, but some things concern me. It appears this is a gateway for untrained and unqualified technicians to get into this business since they don't have any qualification criteria. Also, I'm skeptical about their claim they have leverage to get more referrals from the networks, especially SGC. We all know who gets first crack at all those jobs. They only call an independent shop when they're shops are too busy or the job is too far away.

They also don't have available information that lets you know who they really are and what business credentials they have to indicate they'll be around down the road. They could go under and leave folks in the lurch.

Having said all that, it just might be an excellent "system" for the gypsy operator. There are a few "gypsies" on this forum who travel around in a motor home and do WSR for cash flow. Most of them are honest folks who do good repairs and aren't out to cheat or take advantage of anybody. There will always be unscrupulous operators in all phases of the business.

I spoke to "Chris" at QuickFixx and asked him if he could give me any idea how many referrals I could expect in a city with the population and demographics that I live in. He said, there was no way he could supply that information as they have no way of knowing. Also, and this may contradict what Mr Fenner said about him not being agressive enough promoting his company, he really has a strong, one dimensional pitch but, when I asked specific question about how their system would fit my current business, he just stuck with his pitch and didn't "listen" to or answer my questions.

This is an accurate description of my experience up to this point and is in no way intended to criticize or "bad mouth" these people. I've spoken to u2ricardo and he is experiencing results that are helping his business. "Nuff said there.
michaelrockchip

Also, another tech in town has a drystar and said that he does not reccommend it for how expensive it is. I haven't had a problem with removing moisture.