I just found quick fixx

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
WW973
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

I just found quick fixx

Post by WW973 »

Hey everyone I just found a company called quick fixx they do insurance prossesing like ACT but they give out referral give them a once over i think it would be good for us all they compete with safelite for insurance jobs {URL removed by moderator}
Last edited by Brent Deines on October 12th, 2010, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forum Guidelines #4
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
u2ricardo

Re: I just found quick fixx

Post by u2ricardo »

I am with Quick Fixx and I love them. It costs $10 to process each insurance job but for someone like me who is fairly new it has worked out great. All I have had to worry about is figuring out more ways to get business and they do the rest. You can use their web site or your own. They have referred a handful of jobs a month to me and other techs that are doing more business than me are getting a bunch of referrals. The more jobs you do on your own in your area you build more trust with the insurance companies and they try you out more and more. Quick Fixx just added a feature to get pay out sooner. It's an extra $3 per job but you get paid way faster. It comes in handy for paying employees sooner or if you just need money faster for yourself. Really nice people too.
shepardh1

Post by shepardh1 »

Safelite charges $15 for faxed claims if you don't have an online account with them. The bureaucratic folks over at Lynx charge $13 for the same. Has anyone gone through the full hassle of getting signed up with Lynx? Are they good once you get signed up? I love Safelite because their online billing is free...
SGT
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by SGT »

So I checked this company out. This is what I found...

1. If you are already set up with the network, they will not consider you. UNLESS you break your contracts. I threw different scenarios at them but that is how it is.

2. You will be using there shop number when calling in your own jobs

3. 10.00 dollar processing fee and there labor rates may be lower than network contracted rates . Ex: Lynx Allstate Job 50.00- 10.00 = 40.00

4. You will have to become an ISO "Independant Service Operator" You will be building there brand and not recognized for yours at least on the insurance side

5. They offer online job tracking

6. The individual I spoke to was not agressive in his promotion approach

There are probably more details behind this service but this is where I said they would not be a good match for my business. My thoughts...

There may be value in it if they really feed you work but if they cease operations you are out in the cold. It is so easy to set up yourself with the networks and get the full rate for your labor and minimal process fee's. As with anything, think it through and weigh your options.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
WW973

Post by WW973 »

SGT wrote:So I checked this company out. This is what I found...

1. If you are already set up with the network, they will not consider you. UNLESS you break your contracts. I threw different scenarios at them but that is how it is.

2. You will be using there shop number when calling in your own jobs

3. 10.00 dollar processing fee and there labor rates may be lower than network contracted rates . Ex: Lynx Allstate Job 50.00- 10.00 = 40.00

4. You will have to become an ISO "Independant Service Operator" You will be building there brand and not recognized for yours at least on the insurance side

5. They offer online job tracking

6. The individual I spoke to was not agressive in his promotion approach

There are probably more details behind this service but this is where I said they would not be a good match for my business. My thoughts...

There may be value in it if they really feed you work but if they cease operations you are out in the cold. It is so easy to set up yourself with the networks and get the full rate for your labor and minimal process fee's. As with anything, think it through and weigh your options.
yes they do promote their brand but the insurance companies have your shop info and keep track of your progress the more work u do and the better u do on the surveys the more work the ins companies give out to u. and im looking to get as many jobs as i can also 10$ is cheaper than the 12.95 from ACT
Jason Chan
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
SGT

Post by SGT »

Just reporting the facts I was given. You may want to double check that.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
michaelrockchip

Post by michaelrockchip »

I am somewhat a new technician. I have been using Quick Fixx and have been with them for almost a year. Referrals where a little slow at first but with time I am now getting between 10 to 20 per week. I know I can increase my referrals. I currently have been training others so that they will be doing jobs for me. Quick Fixx has a great online tracking system and I can track every job I do, and every job that my guys do. It is nice having a company take care of all the "back office" stuff for me. Besides, I love all the referrals! This company does a great job for me. Might not be a perfect fit for everyone.
Roo

Post by Roo »

I don't understand how quick fixx can get me more referrals. Do they get priority from the networks over an individual shop (like myself). Are they low ball pricing in order to get work? It just doesn't add up.
WW973

Post by WW973 »

Roo wrote:I don't understand how quick fixx can get me more referrals. Do they get priority from the networks over an individual shop (like myself). Are they low ball pricing in order to get work? It just doesn't add up.
no they are just on the preferred shop network cause they are in a few states and their iso's are doing quality work
Jason Chan
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
SGT

Post by SGT »

So I would like to know from anyone using Quickfixx if I called up any network and asked for your shop by name would they find you? If so let do a little experiement to verify that. Whos game?

I am not suggesting this is a bad service. I am suggesting you consider all details to be sure it is what your business needs. Consider me a repair tech's advocate if you will becuase I will dig past the hype.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver