Do any of ya'll

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Windshield911
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Do any of ya'll

Post by Windshield911 »

walk parking lots and put your info on cars anymore? What usually works better, brochures, business card,etc? Does it actually help or tick a bunch of people off?
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Do any of ya'll

Post by Eco Steam »

Just FYI.... I now it's spending $, but I get my cards from gotprintdotcom.

No offense to those that use vistaprint, I just prefer to use this other company.

I get 5000 full color front and back UV coating, shipped $61, which is a pretty good deal.

$0.0122 per card, which means you can hand out approximately 19 more cards for the price of what you're currently paying, $0.25....

19 more $ making possibilities :D ....

ATX
screenman

Post by screenman »

I have my business cards printed blue on gold plastic. I give them out to properly qualified customers.
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

Not exactly sure why my subject line is so pathetic on this thread. Guess I was newer to the board and didn't know better.
ministry4u

Post by ministry4u »

Any personal contact works best for me. I have never had somebody call from a card I left. That's not to say they haven't called their agent and ended up having the work done, they just haven't called me. Always try to set an appointment too, if you let them go with an "I'll call you", they never will.
Vikingfann

Post by Vikingfann »

If I see damage worth repairing I'll leave a business card NOT under the wiper blade but in the drivers door window rubber so it's seen upon entry rather than after getting in the vehicle. I've gotten a few jobs this way and only once did someone call upset that I left a card.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I have no interest in single one off jobs, they are too expensive to do. I want 20 repairs a month off of each customer I service, do not quite always get that many but I am seldom far off the target.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Delta Kits has window hanger card holders that have more than paid for themselves.
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

My son won't let me come to visit him in his town in my service Honda CR-v because of my triangular magnetized plastic sign on top of car larger than a Pizza Hut delivery. But, it can be seen from people coming out of Lowe's front door. One of these days I will have a 16"plastic pizza Frisbee thing made up so when someone comments on my sign I can have a bit of fun.
More than one way to skin a cat so the saying goes.
ajaybutler

Post by ajaybutler »

I work for a car wash business, and I do find it very rewarding by handing out business cards. For one its the point of sowing seeds. Every person I encounter about Windshield repair or Headlight restoration may not know exactly what these services provide. So it is the personal encounter and the product knowledge that sales. The business card adds a sense of being professional and not being a fly by nite technician. I don't do coupons on my cards because this can cause a reduction in revenue. There maybe some customers who opt to do cash repairs rather than filing and insurance claim an normally, if it is a repeat customer I may shave a $5-$10 off. However, I do make a point of telling them to tell someone else about these services. :)