After the equipment. Day 1, hour 1.

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
kewiglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

After the equipment. Day 1, hour 1.

Post by kewiglass »

You've bought your equipment, got your insurances and licenses. You wake up Monday morning with a new job, that requires you to train yourself. You step outside and breathe in the beautiful morning air and dream of your success. You take the first step toward the sidewalk...

Now what?

I've been looking at ideas, but if I want to really succeed than I know it's going to come down to going outside and getting the proverbial door slammed on my non-proverbial face. I'm cool with that. Should I drive straight to the nearest car dealer?

Should I hit up the small plaza off Main and Market st?

Should I try and find a local carwash?

In order to begin doing repairs on day 1, which method (not necessarily outlined here) do you think generates the highest probability of actually getting work immediately?

Maybe before I take that first step toward the sidewalk I should have an idea of where I'm headed. What up noobs? How did you guys get started? Hey experts, any pitfalls to avoid?

I think I'm going to hear something along the lines of "it doesn't matter how you get started, only that you DO get started."

I feel like that's what Yoda would say, except he'd f up the sentence structure a bit. Any ideas?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: After the equipment. Day 1, hour 1.

Post by screenman »

If sales and selling is not a strong point then I would say a tent setup in a shopping mall would get the instant bang you may be after.
WW973

Post by WW973 »

Hey I Always wanted to do a tent location at a mall but how do you get started any tips
Jason Chan
Co-Owner, Windshield Wonder, LLC.
NJ, PA, NY, CT, DE
vitric

Post by vitric »

I would say go to small car dealers and action sites
candyman

Post by candyman »

By now you should have learned a few do's and don't. Detail shops that install stereos', tires and rims. These are the customers that are investing in their cars. They want it to look good. This is really great for HLR with some WSR potential. Used car deales, small lots. These are good for both WSR & HLR. Local insurance agents. Referals of those clients not insured and build a relationship toward future referrals of his clients. I've discovered some clients actually call their agent first. I do both HLR and WSR. They work hand in hand.