Another newbie...

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
h2oman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Another newbie...

Post by h2oman »

I made a ok living back in the 90's doing windshield repair. Since then I have been doing other things and working for an employer in various types of sales. I am starting from scratch. I have ordered my kit (from Delta) and received it last Friday. I had already went an picked up a old windshield from a replacement shop and repaired several chips over the last few days. Once you learn to ride a bike you never forget, same with repair. It came back pretty easily. I have came up with a name, new logo and business cards are being printed. Have a Federal ID number. Invoices are in the works. Set my new bank account up. Got my pricing on 1,000,000 liability insurance (just need to set it up and pay for it). I need to get a business license this week. I should have my new website up and running this month. I will be mobile only and repair only. No replacement. I also need to get set up with EDI. Before doing so, I understand I need to contact Lynx, SGC, & HSG to set up an account. Is that correct? Do I need to set up with anyone else? I will be slowly building business through internet, cold calls and word of mouth in the beginning but will also be focusing on setting up 10 - 20 commercial/fleet accounts as well before winter to get me through the colder season. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. In advance, I thank you for you time.